Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 125

Tobs, Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Marine
Just popping in
Just popping in

kathi
See User information
I am trying to find some info on a 1948 Steel craft boat with a Packard flat6 with velvet drive.It was used on the Oregon coast by the Coast Guard for many yrs, before it was brought to Montana, where my husband aquired the boat some 24 yrs ago.
It has not been in the water for all this time, but he did have the motor running at one point. We have someone who is interested in the boat and I am trying to figure out a price for it.

Posted on: 2012/6/24 15:30
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Marine
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Kathi,
A more formal to PackardInfo after meeting in the Chat Room. A rather rare beast is the marinised version of a Packard engine, could you supply a picture? Hopefully someone will be along soon who can assist. To expand your search for knowledge, there is a dedicated forum about Packard Marine & Aviation engines over on the Packard Club Site.

Posted on: 2012/6/24 15:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kathi, there have been major portions of entire books devoted to these postwar Packard marine engines. You'll find a bit of information here:

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=509

If you wish I can put you in touch with someone who has restored quite a few of these engines, some for marine use and some on display in the various Packard museums around the country and knows them quite well.

Attach file:

jpg  (135.44 KB)
177_4fe78013094de.jpg 904X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/6/24 15:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Kathi:

While I don't know the value of Packard powered boats, you may find this advertisement from 1949 interesting. It shows several boats, including a Steelcraft 26' model in the upper right hand corner.

The ad notes that the Packard Maringe Six puts out 100 h.p.

Best of luck with your sale.

Attach file:

jpg  (149.72 KB)
436_4fe792e7cc775.jpg 989X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/6/24 17:21
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

kathi
See User information
thank you,I can post some pics, the boat is just and empty shell, we had started scraping the paint off and my husband removed the cabin because it was all rotten. Then we got married and had family and household that came first lol.

Posted on: 2012/6/24 23:38
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved