Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 232

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

electric window motor removal
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

missedgear
See User information
HELP ! the front passenger electric window is not working, im trying to get the motor out. i have stripped the door cards off, took off the motor bolts the manual says all i have to do now is and i quote "disconnect the regulator arm at the lower channel bracket by removing a spring retainer, flat washerand a felt washer" . Is this the two r clips inside at the bottom of the window as they seem impossible to get too ( and prob get back on )and do i have to unbolt anything else along with these. Any info would be appreciated as i dont want to go unbolting things that i do not have to. Thanks missedgear

Posted on: 2013/4/7 12:17
 Top  Print   

Re: electric window motor removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
What year and model Packard do you have?

Posted on: 2013/4/7 13:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2013/4/7 20:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It has been awhile since I was in there so I don't remember all the details. Maybe someone else does. If not, can you use a mirror to verify the two parts of the regulator are one piece or if there is a bolt or screws at the horizontal connecting bar that could separate the motor side from the window side so the retainers could stay put.

If it is all one piece, you will have to remove the washers and retainers at the slots at bottom of window to get the regulator out. IF and that is a big IF there is enough room between the motor and the window front vertical runner channel you can try pushing the motor assy toward the rear of the door to pivot the center like the motor linkage would and see if the window will lower a bit to allow better access. I think there is also a screw at the bottom of that center lever like pivot which connects to the motor side that will have to come out to remove the whole thing. Believe it is labeled D in the service manual adjustment instructions. Removing that first may also let the window drop some. Just be careful and hold things so nothing falls abruptly. If still no luck in moving the window, you will have to remove the retainers where they are.

IIRC, the studs have a bit of a spring and curved washer on the bar side. Squeeze that bar in towards the window and relieve the tension slightly to remove the retainer & washer from the other side of the slots. Some come off fairly easily, others not so. Once retainer and washers are off you can hold the window from dropping while you pull the studs out of the channel and then lift window to the top and block it some way to allow room to snake the complete regulator out. There is a small channel on the inner door panel in which one leg of the regulator sits. Regulator will have to be removed from that as well. No retainers there, just a slight spring tension and the arm slides out one end.

When you remove the motor from the regulator pay attention to the spring. It can be vicious. Hopefully with it stuck in the window up position spring will be at a fairly low tension.

Attach file:

jpg  (32.86 KB)
209_5162301c12538.jpg 349X352 px

Posted on: 2013/4/7 21:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

missedgear
See User information
Thanks for the diagram and the info on this i will give it a try . Cheers missedgear

Posted on: 2013/4/9 16:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved