Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

accelerator pedal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Anyone used MetroMoldedProducts gas pedal. They advertise it as a fit from mid to late 30s to 53. From what I can see it looks almost identical to our vendor offerings from the front. Maybe a tad different at the bottom but hard to tell from one photo.

I asked some questions on the back side construction but don't really expect a response. Reason for asking is price. MMP's is roughly half Kanters price and just over a third of Max's. My thinking is if it's a decent quality and fits, why not unless someone has tried one and found issues.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.45 KB)
209_51a7e03eb155c.jpg 614X419 px

Posted on: 2013/5/30 18:19
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: accelerator pedal
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Weigh an OEM pedal and then try to determine weight of the aftermarket pedal. USe a strong magnet to determine if OEM pedal has steel under the rubber.

I'm NOT real sure but possibly the OEM pedal is moulded over a STEEL plate.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 18:47
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
WEIGHT comparisons should tell the final story.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 18:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
I'm NOT real sure but possibly the OEM pedal is moulded over a STEEL plate.

It is over a metal plate -- although not apparently not a very substantial one in the 47. Assuming my pedal is original then it bends easily. There was a nice bow from someone pushing in the middle instead of near the top.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 18:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
If it's still in decent condition then bend it back flat.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 18:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't be saved. The rubber is petrified almost as hard as concrete. Pulling pedal off the linkage rod ball broke the molded on socket completely off.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 19:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Contact Bill Hirsch and order the Steele accelerator pedal thru him and you will save 10% off Steele's regular price.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 20:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I get the impression that the Metro product is basically a rubber cover for the existing pedal while the other guys (Max, Kanter) are selling a complete pedal or a re-vulcanization (Steele) of your existing pedal. That would account for the rather large disparity in cost. This is just a supposition on my part.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 22:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, the accelerator pedal probably became bent due to pushing it down hard to start the car. Terrible idea to activate the starter, in my opinion.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/5/31 9:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

JD in KC wrote:
I get the impression that the Metro product is basically a rubber cover for the existing pedal ........

You were right. Surprisingly, I did hear back from Metro and it is a cover to be glued over the old metal. Too bad. On mine, aside from being hard as a rock with a bowed middle, the pedal looks great -- just no ball socket left on the back to connect to anything. That piece is molded to the metal. Kanters repro it will have to be.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 9:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved