Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 65

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 Caribbean HT
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Was surfing CL and saw this Caribbean HT. Seems to me that the owner has priced this car up with the Caribbean convertibles. I've watched 2 or 3 nice 55 and 56 Caribbean convertibles on Ebay recently and they're not bringing much money, I don't get it as they are very rare and desirable IMO. I like this 56 Caribbean Ht but I'm not sure the seller will even get half his asking price in the current market.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/3935098596.html

Posted on: 2013/7/22 8:25
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 Caribbean HT
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Looks like this one is sporting only one carburetor underneath the white air cleaner.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/7/22 8:55
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Deduct about $4000-$5000 from the value because of the lack of the correct carburetion and air filter, but based on a few recent private sales of 56 Carib hardtops I suspect it will (or should) get close to the asking price.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 9:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Owen, you really think so? Ebay seems to be a fairly good indicator of the current market excluding high end auctions where people throw money around like candy. The Caribbean convertibles aren't even bidding up to $50K. As you guys state also, it doesn't even have the correct carb setup.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 9:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Also, aftermarket A/C although it looks like a good install.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/7/22 10:00
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Why no pushbutton transmission and appears the generater replaced with alternator

Posted on: 2013/7/22 10:00
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
With published price guides showing 56 Carib convertibles in excess of $100K and hardtops less than $50K (both in #1 condition), this guy is out of line before we even consider the details.

The seller seems to be making unnecessary excuses for an original interior when he should be apologizing for the incorrect carb set-up. Never mind the oil breather cap and the battery holddown, but the air cleaner color wasn't painted white even for the single carb set-up. Then, I'd nick him for the manual selector for the Ultramatic when pushbutton was standard equipment on ALL 1956 Caribbeans. The value of aftermarket A/C as opposed to the factory package is debatable - as-is an alternator over an OE generator. Also, I'd be very concerned about the condition of the sheet metal under all that shiny paint on ANY car that spent much time in coastal FL. Asking $50K for this car is more likely to turn away serious buyers who are looking to acquire a hardtop.

Meanwhile, that nice cars - even those low in production - aren't bringing much money is simply a matter of supply and demand. Maybe there are a few high rollers floating around, but the economy is still too badly damaged for many people to throw tens of thousands of dollars at such large toys.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 10:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved