Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 156

moodydavid16, Don Shields, su8overdrive, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

a new film
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Just ran across a film from the Detroit Historical Society on utube. It is entitled "Out of the Future (1954) and was produce in late 54 by Studebaker Packard. Sorry, I don't know how to do the link but I think someone who does can find it.

It is a nine minute film about Torsion Level and has terrific footage of the pre-production 55 Patrician swanning all around the proving grounds. Quality of the film is quite good and you can see many details. The only jarring note is the painfully unflattering mustache on the presenter. Does anyone recognize who he is?

Posted on: 2016/12/3 16:10
 Top  Print   

Re: a new film
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2016/12/3 16:49
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Let the ride decide also posted the link on the PAC forum a week or so ago.

It is an interesting film and nicely shows the violent shaking of the other luxury sedans of the day going over a rough road. Unfortunately the 54 Packard does not escape the stigma. The 54s movements are shown in the Allison DVD from Motor City Packards as it goes over those Detroit area railroad tracks.

I would still like to see or obtain a good copy of that film showing the covered Packard, Cadillac and either a Lincoln or Imperial going over that rough RR crossing. The version in the DVD is shorter and not quite as pristine a copy as that shown at various PAC meets. In that movie, The Packard sails thru almost flat, one of the other cars leaves the road and comes down hard with sparks flying as the undercarriage hits and one has a hubcap go flying as its wheels and front leaves the ground and go thru all the gyrations.

The announcers pencil mustache must have been the fashion statement of the day. I remember my father trying one out. It didn't last long so I expect mother had a bit to say about its longevity.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 16:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
This film is also part of one of the films that the Studebaker National Museum sells. I first saw it at the Redding PAC meet. I think Dwight had them.

Of the many things in this film I find interesting are the pictures of the 54 cars on the walls, not the new 55 models.

Also is that a Cadillac model he is holding in his hands?

When the Patrician driver door opens, I don't see any data plate on the door post.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 17:53
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved