Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 121

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'37 120C Touring Sedan Locking Plates
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
I had to remove the drive shaft from my '37 120C Touring Sedan and now that I am ready to reinstall it, I was wondering if anyone knew where I might obtain the locking plates that hold the bolts in place.

Attach file:

jpg  DriveshaftLockingPlate.jpg (101.44 KB)
43144_64b6dc076767e.jpg 1440X1920 px

jpg  DriveshaftLockingPlate.jpg (101.44 KB)
43144_64b6dc2950b9e.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/7/18 13:38
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re:
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if our vendors carry them for the Spicer or Mechanic U joints Packard used but maybe worth checking. Here is a Corvette place that has some for their style U joints but no idea if the sizes and shapes are correct or even close enough to fit ours. If no luck with our vendors, you might try some of the Ford and GM vendors.

Posted on: 2023/7/18 14:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: '37 120C Touring Sedan Locking Plates
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I bought mine from Merritt but some also came with the u-joints that I bought through Napa. If you don't have the new joints yet, wait until you get them to see if these are included.

Posted on: 2023/7/18 14:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks to both. I shall look into that.

Posted on: 2023/7/18 20:04
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Just put 2 new ones in today, both Moog, one had the locking plates in the kit, the other used hex drive cap screws with heavy duty lock washers. I used a dab of loktite on the threads just in case!
Have fun!
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/7/19 16:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Hello, all. I found a place near me that has contacts with a shop in California that water-cut locking plates for my '37 and they fit perfectly. The place near me is Brown Welding and Machine in Bells, TX, which is about 10 miles from me. I gave him one of the old ones to copy. You can do a Google search and find him. So, if you need locking plates, either send Mr. Brown a plate for him to scan or a scan of your own with the specifications. I paid $65 for a dozen plates. Good luck and happy Packarding!

Posted on: 2023/9/8 15:22
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved