Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
169 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

PackardInfo.com Exposed!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
All -

Check out this link:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/autos/columnists.nsf/oldcarcolumn/story/8EF51BA294FB5D1E862573980058F137?OpenDocument

While the subject is a 1940 model, I'd like to direct your attention to one paragraph in particular, which recommends:

Quote:
For an in depth study of Packards, visit the web sitehttps://www.packardinfo.com. There you will find detailed information about the marque in general and specific models from every year.

It's sure is nice to get a compliment (and plug) like this from the outside world, but when I checked the site's "About Us" page, it further advised:

Quote:
STLtoday.com delivers news and information from many sources and is the online division of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

I don't like to assume to much, but I'm wondering if this article made into the newspaper as well. If so, looks like this site has made it to the Big Time!

Posted on: 2007/12/17 19:18
 Top  Print   

Re: PackardInfo.com Exposed!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Congratulations to BigKev and all the other supporters and contributors of this site.

Posted on: 2007/12/17 19:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Waydago BIG KEV..You da man!!

Posted on: 2007/12/17 19:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Brian: Thanks for posting the information about Packard info. I think we all owe Kevin a great deal of THANKS.

One of the things that make this site different from the rest, that the article didn't point out is as follows. The information that people have provided for this site is free and can be down loaded. More than can be said for the PAC web site.

The other thing that I like about Packardinfo, is that we have no persons coming in here begging for information. Then the person turns around and share that information with PAC, then isn't willing to make that inforamtion free to all that ask. Prime example the Packard movie list that is buried in the PAC web site.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/12/17 21:08
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Oh no, does this mean we have lost our black sheep underground status?!?!

J/K, I think is is great that we got some press about the website. It is all do the hardwork of everyone that helps out both here on the forums, and also the folks that have taken the time and effort with donating content to the website. Also thanks to various people that have donated cash towards the website hosting.

As I have always said this is your website, I just keep all the parts oiled behind the scenes.

Posted on: 2007/12/17 22:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Congrats to all and a a big Thumbs up to Kevin

Posted on: 2007/12/18 12:08
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Yes, congrats and kudos to Kevin for creating the greatest Packard site on the entire internet!! This Bud's for you!

Posted on: 2007/12/18 13:49
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
There is a very nice 1/2 page writeup about the PackardInfo.com in The Packardian , which is the newsletter of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia.

Kudos to Mal for his efforts in both writing this and submitting it to the PACA newsletter. It's nice to see all of our efforts continue to get a some press all over the world!

Also thanks to Mal for sending me a copy of The Packardian so I see it!

Perhaps Mal (if permitted) can post a copy his writeup here so other people that do not have access to the The Packardian can view his handywork.

Posted on: 2008/2/14 15:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
There is a very nice 1/2 page writeup about the PackardInfo.com in The Packardian , which is the newsletter of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia.

Kudos to Mal for his efforts in both writing this and submitting it to the PACA newsletter....

And kudos to BigKev for his input into the article too, his suggestions were vital to it's final format and the features packardinfo.com offers.

So Kev

And here's the article:

PACKARD WEBSITE

I'd like to bring to everyone's attention a Packard website, www.packardinfo.com.

There are a number of members of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia who are also packardinfo.com members or view the site as guests. Some members who I've met online or in person are Heather Moss, Peter Toet and Barry Smith. I also know a number of members who just log in as guests to the site only

I'd like to offer other members of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia the opportunity to participate in a friendly, entertaining and interesting website which caters to the needs of Packard owners exclusively and best of all it's FREE. Just log on to www.packardinfo.com
and as a member or guest you can access the following "Website Features:

Extensive Scanned Archive of Original Packard Service Manuals, Owners Manuals, Service Letters, Brochures, etc.

User message forums

User Chat Room

Packard Photo Archive

Packard Owners Registry (Roster)

Packard Dealers List

Packard Web Links

Packard Parts Cross-Reference Database"

Many of these features will appeal to members or guests on the site.

However by joining packardinfo.com as a Member you will be able to contribute to the site, participate in the forums and the chat room as well as record your Packard/s in the Owner Registry.

The chat room is a fairly new feature and allows instant access to other packardinfo.com members, who are in the chat room at that time, or personal chats with particular members if you so choose.

Go on ? Jump onto your PC or Mac, travel the Internet Superhighway just as you'd drive your Packard! You love your Packard, and you'll love packardinfo.com!

I highly recommend it ? Mal.

Posted on: 2008/2/14 15:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Mal: A big THANKS for promoting Packardinfo in Australia.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/2/14 21:40
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved