Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Bought one at last!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
Ever since I was a kid I wanted a late 20's / early 30's Packard. Being in the UK there are practically none so I could only look at photos in books and dream...

But now (age 43) I have come good and finally purchased a beautiful 7th series 1930 Dual Cowl Phaeton. Just clearing the garage and hoping to take delivery in about 10 days.

While it looks perfect there are hundreds of small jobs to do to bring it up to the condition I want so I will be asking you good folk for advice no doubt. I'll post regular picutres of the detailed work, but for now, this is me after parting with my money.....

Attach file:

jpg  (162.34 KB)
3518_4d6371260a96d.jpg 1600X1067 px

Posted on: 2011/2/22 3:18
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Bought one at last!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Congratulations. Very nice looking car.

Tom

Posted on: 2011/2/22 4:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hello and welcome,
It's nice to see another Packard in the UK. Congratulations on your purchase and I,m sure you will be pleased with it.
Should you encounter any problems there are some really knowledgeable Guys on this site that will help you out.

Regards from Terry in north London

Posted on: 2011/2/22 5:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Matt snape
See User information
Welcome - a lovely looking car without doubt.

Shortly you will get to meet Mal - our cereal greeter and Packard Register Nazi. I am new to the marque myself and never fail to be blown away by both the knowledge and help we can all find on this site. It is a credit to all those that spend time here.

Good luck with the car and the 'getting to know each other' phase of your relationship. I look forward to many more photos - warts and all.

May you always be in the right gear.

Snapey

Posted on: 2011/2/22 6:17
If at First You Don't Succeed - Skydiving is Not For You...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

kts68 wrote:
Ever since I was a kid I wanted a late 20's / early 30's Packard. Being in the UK there are practically none so I could only look at photos in books and dream...

But now (age 43) I have come good and finally purchased a beautiful 7th series 1930 Dual Cowl Phaeton. Just clearing the garage and hoping to take delivery in about 10 days.

While it looks perfect there are hundreds of small jobs to do to bring it up to the condition I want so I will be asking you good folk for advice no doubt. I'll post regular picutres of the detailed work, but for now, this is me after parting with my money.....

Wow! When you jump in to the Packard fold, you jump in with both feet and take no prisoners... a 745 dual cowl phaeton!! Next stop, 1932 Twin Six????

Do you know the ownership history of your 745? That is very important, because so many of these are "body swaps".

Posted on: 2011/2/22 8:35
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Gadzooks!!! When you make your automotive dreams come true, you go all the way!!!! Immediately!!!

Congratulations on acquiring such a wonderfully desirable Packard! A 745! Most of us can only dream of owning such a jewel! And at 43 years old, that just stuns me! 58 here and it hasn't happened yet and isn't likely to.

Steve

Posted on: 2011/2/22 12:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Snapey wrote:.....Shortly you will get to meet Mal - our cereal greeter and Packard Register Nazi.......
Matt,

I'm ahead of you on this one. This serial greeter and Packard Register Nazi, not sure if I agree with this term, has already struck. See this post.

Will be following along as the 745 is tweaked and touched up. And as you said, looking forward to the photos.

Posted on: 2011/2/22 14:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Congratulations! That is a one fantastic car! The guys on this site are a great source of information and Big Kev keeps things humming for all of us. I look forward to the detailed photos as you bring this automobile to perfection!

George

Posted on: 2011/2/22 21:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
How very nice! I hope to see you here often, and maybe see you at a Packard meet here in the US some day!

Jim

Posted on: 2011/2/23 0:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Matt snape
See User information
Damn it Mal - I nue dat didint lok rite!

As to the other term - no offence intended. Ever since Jerry Seinfeld did the 'Soup Nazi' episode it has refered to those that take particular interest in ensuring that certain things happen as they should.

Posted on: 2011/2/23 7:19
If at First You Don't Succeed - Skydiving is Not For You...
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved