Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard hearse - 1952?
Just popping in
Just popping in

sandrat
See User information
Hello! I'm new to the forum, and serching for answers regarding a Packard hearse that I am concidering buying. I'm trying to trace the VIN, as there is no title. It appears it is a 1952. Can a seasoned Packard enthusisest tell me how many different hearse models were produced that year? Any info on the hearses would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/11/17 20:31
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard hearse - 1952?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
You beat me to it! Just sent you a PM after I saw your post in the Chatroom. Again to PackardInfo.

Plus, if you do purchase the Hearse, I invite you to include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2012/11/17 20:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

sandrat
See User information
Thanks! Will do.
Here are a couple of pics, as it sits now.

Attach file:

jpg  (50.83 KB)
5026_50a904a227da1.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (53.56 KB)
5026_50a904c353a37.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/11/18 10:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Welcome. That's quite the photo and advertisement for the hearse. I do hope the roof ornament is not currently occupied -- although after some recent stories about some less than professional people in the business, one never knows.

Am sure several here can give some info -- but I'm not one of them. Until some of the knowledgeable guys check in, have you looked at any of the professional car sites. They might have some production and ID info. Here is one that came up during a search. A brief article on Henney is midway on the page.

http://www.professionalcar.org/?s=henney

Posted on: 2012/11/18 11:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That's a Henney "Senior" which were built on an extended wheelbase. 1952 saw the introduction of the Henney "Junior" on the 127 inch wheelbase though I believe the 52 Juniors were limited to just 2 prototypes. The 51 Henney Seniors came in 12 different configurations and the 52 and 53 Henney Seniors came in 13 different configurations, landau hearse, rear-loading hearse, 3-way hearse, combination car, etc. and offered a large variety of options specific to this type of vehicle. These vehicles have been very documented over the years in various Packard Club and Professional Car Society publications, and I believe it is known how many in total (not necessarily by individual type) were produced; the chapter "The Professional Packard" in the Kimes-edited book gives Henney Senior production at 401, 320 and 166 for 1951, 1952 and 1953 respectively.

If any are still present, either the Packard or Henney tags should provide some numbers to give a more complete identification. If you find the Packard chassis (VN) numbers, 2513 is a 1952, 2613 is a 1953. The individual Henney styles carry 4-digit numbers beginning in 52 for 1952, 53 for 1953. I'm not positive but I believe your example is a 1951 or 1952; I'm no expert on Henneys but I believe the rounded upper windshield corners indicate that.

Posted on: 2012/11/18 12:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved