Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

help with a price and model
Just popping in
Just popping in

rainiday
See User information
We are trying to find out what type of 52 packard we have. Looking through the pictures, I haven't seen one the same. 4 door body #2562-1632. Engine number starts with k41????, number under hood on the left side of car is B41364. I am trying to get my mom to let me keep this car. Right now it isn't running, but I am sure my husband can get it to run. It is all original, interior, exterior. Excellent condition, a little rust on bumper. The hood says packard as well as having the packard seal. Thanks for your help.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 18:33
 Top  Print   

Re: help with a price and model
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In addition to the information Guscha gave you, the K41xxx indicates the engine is an optional 327 5 main instead of the 288 listed in the specs. It's possible over the years some work has been done or things changed because in 52, there were no hood letters--just a crest on the grill. Sounds as if the hood has been changed. Is the grill plain or are there vertical bars or "teeth". Teeth would be proper for a 200 deluxe.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 18:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Welcome Rainiday! I have a similar car, a 1952 Packard 300. Have faith in the motor, Packards were built with strong motors that should be able to get running. This website will definitely be the place to get help, there are a lot of members with excellent advice.

The coolest section, I think, is the forums - project blogs. Check it out, because people document their progress, which will probably mirror your experiences. One particular project blog to look for is BigKev's 54. His car is similar in many ways to your mother's car, and he took a lot of pictures over the last few years while working on it.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Here's a 1951 (below in maroon) - note the pelican has 'vertical' wings and the word PACKARD on the hood with the vertical 'teeth' in the grill. The Packard crest is not on the upper chrome part of the grill.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Here's a 1952 (below in green) - note the pelican has 'horizontal' wings and the word PACKARD is not on the hood. The teeth are still in the grill on a 200, where a 300 does not have the 'teeth'. The Packard crest IS on the upper chrome part of the grill.

Click to see original Image in a new window

1953 Packards have slightly different parking lights, the small bullet shape pieces of glass were replaced with more rounded glass that filled the entire chrome section.

(click on the pictures to see a larger version)

Good luck!

-Carl

Posted on: 2009/4/19 19:07
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Rainiday,

Welcome to the website....I see your in Hemet, which is just down the road from me.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 22:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
rainiday wrote: We are trying to find out what type of 52 packard we have.......I am trying to get my mom to let me keep this car. Right now it isn't running, but I am sure my husband can get it to run.........

G'day rainiday,
to PackardInfo, and it's good to see another lady member on board, there are a few but not many. If you keep the '52, work hard on your Mom, and the people here will certainly help out. And......could you consider including it in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how it was acquired please?

Posted on: 2009/4/20 2:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved