Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 144

humanpotatohybrid, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Door Seals
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
Quote:
h I have the same problem on mine, but it's because the door handle clips are in the way so the weatherstripping is pushed out. I still need to correct that.

The door handle clips should be flush with the door jamb and not stick out at all. If they are sticking out, then they are not in all the way.

I came to the conclusion that my handle clips are not correct for the car. The two doors have different clips in them, and neither is flush even though they are in all the way (confirmed by visual inspection and additional hammering for good measure). They can't be pushed forward anymore. So I cut off the parts that were interfering with the weatherstrip and put the weatherstrip on. If I ever need to remove the door handles I would've needed to remove the door panels and drop the glass anyways. So nothing changed for me there.

Posted on: 5/24 12:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Each door uses a different clip so maybe they’ve gotten mixed up with rear to front or left to right.

Posted on: 5/24 18:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
The clips should stick out 1/32" or so, so you can get a flathead screwdriver under them easily, but not more than that.

Posted on: 5/24 19:52
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved