Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 220

JD in KC, 53 Cavalier, Marvin, colin voice, Ronald, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Looking for a radiator
Just popping in
Just popping in

Thor Odinson
See User information
I am looking for a Radiator for my 1949 Packard Deluxe 8 Club Sedan. It has a 288. Everything I am finding is over $1300. Is this a normal price? Are there cheaper ones somewhere?

Leave a link if possible.
Thanks

Posted on: 6/26 17:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Looking for a radiator
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
You can buy a raw part then get it recored. Would be a bit cheaper.

Do you have any radiator at the moment?

You can also measure the dimensions and drop something in that sorta fits.

Posted on: 6/26 17:47
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Thor Odinson
See User information
I do have the original radiator. It is full of holes. To refurbish it would cost around $1700. I found a new aluminum one online for $1400. Im just putting my feelers out before I spend that much dough. Is there a similar enough radiator that will swap easily?

Posted on: 6/26 17:54
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Todd W. White
See User information
Thor -

I have the same basic model and the same concerns with my radiator. There's an excellent radiator shop in Oklahoma City that isn't outrageously overpriced. I talked with them and the owner said if mine can't be rebuilt, he could take the tanks and mate them up with a core that would fit them and the engine's cooling needs. I believe he said that there was an International Harvester truck or tractor (can't recall which) that the core is virtually identical.

That might be a possibility for you.

Posted on: 6/26 19:23
Todd W. White
Sapulpa, Okla.
1949 2262 DeLuxe Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Thor, contact Mike Chirco, Tucson Packard (520) 336-0057.https://www.tucsonpackard.com/ Please tell this knowledgeable gentleman that Mike, '47 Super Clipper, Walnut Creek, CA referred you.

Posted on: 6/26 19:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
I do have a few radiators to choose from that look like they were recently re-cored. they have been pressure tested. 520=336-0057 Mike/Tucson Packard

Posted on: 6/27 1:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Rebuilding radiators is very expensive these days, like everything. I suspect the most economical route would be to find a good used radiator for you're car.

Posted on: 6/27 10:40
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Thor Odinson
See User information
Just got one ordered from Mike at Tucson Packard for a great price. Thanks for the help everybody!

Posted on: Yesterday 15:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kunzea
See User information
I have a 1951 288 in a 2498 business coupe with an Ultramatic. I measured the radiator including the input and output. I matched these dimensions with the data at "Find a Radiator By Core Size (H x W)" athttps://shop.championcooling.com/index.php?route=product/coresize .

I determined that the radiator used in a 1955-1957 GMC truck was almost an exact fit. I bought one for $138. I bought some 1" square and 2" flat aluminum and adapted the mounting.

I spent about $160 altogether. Otherwise it was going to cost me over $2,000. I would have been scared to work anywhere near it.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:10
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved