Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
41 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 40

28Mack, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 48 Packard 288 fuel pump
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Packwagon wrote: The new fuel pump fits better but not good.......

I presume this to mean you still have your "old" pump? If that's the case, compare your old and new pumps for differences. Photos of both will likely assist in gaining helpful advice.

Posted on: Yesterday 14:54
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
On 56.s I've seen 1/4. Inch spacers

Measure the bolt. From under the head to end. .
That's the length.

Also. I've seen some thick. Hard. Gaskets. For fuel pumps

The arm should move..

But turn the engine over till your off the high side.

.but make sure that. Pump arm moves. Before putting it in.

Posted on: Yesterday 16:15
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Never should have spacers and if needed, then something else is wrong.

Posted on: Yesterday 16:37
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packwagon
See User information
I don’t know how to send a picture
Old age is taking me over

Posted on: Today 10:57
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packwagon
See User information
I have never sent photos.
I am at a loss as to how to send photos.
I can’t make sense of the directions as to how to send
Maybe you could help me out

Posted on: Today 15:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
First question is are the photos off your camera or phone and on your computer so you can go to a folder and find and double click on an image name which then displays them automatically in an imaging program on your computer.

If they are on a computer then it is a matter of replying to a post and clicking the "Choose File" button or the "Insert Image" icon below the reply window to open a new window to display your computers Explorer or Finder setup. Once the Explorer or Finder window opens then you need to navigate to the folder where your photo is stored and click on the name of the photo. The file name should highlight and unless the file is too large the name should show in the box after Choose File. If so you would then click on the Upload button and then submit the post or repeat the process to add more photos. When all photos are added hit submit. If you used the Insert Image icon a line of text will start to appear in the post reply box under your text. Once the text is finished and image name is displayed you can submit the post or add more photos and then submit.

If the photo is still on your camera or phone then it becomes a bit more involved to get the photo on your computer or find it on your phone to post it directly if you are using the phone or tablet to view the forum. Some images directly off a phone or camera may be the wrong format or too large to post directly and will need to be converted or reduced in size first.

Posted on: Today 15:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
These are pictures of Packwagon's fuel pump that has beem giving him trouble. Does anyone see an issue?

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 16:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
May be an optical, camera angle, or maybe something already disconnected in the factory photo thing but the problem arm seems straighter and more horizontal than the one in the SM photo of the stock pump. A question with the arm is if during the install it is trying to go on top of the cam rather than going under as it should. If the arm is straighter how much can it be depressed and when the arm is fully down how much distance is the arm pad from the mounting flange and is there a sufficient amount at the cam lobe. There should be a much thicker fiber gasket or a stack of thin ones between pump and block than what is on the pump now.

Posted on: Today 16:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Where did this pump come from? Was it just rebuilt? If so, who rebuilt it?

If you put the pump in a vice can you work the arm using a crescent wrench? Maybe something is jammed up in the pump?

If you run the bolts into the block, without the pump, do they go all the way in?

HH56-I noticed the "off" arm position as well, but I think it's an optical illusion. The arm position relative to the bolts in the last picture looks similar to the picture that I posted of my pump for my 53. I'm assuming the blocks are similar.

Posted on: Today 17:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It seems to me that I even commented recently on the arm on this or a similar pump that it didn't look right. As Howard (HH56) suggested, it looks to be too straight compared to the stock photos in the manuals.

Posted on: Today 17:55
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved