Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 68

Packard Don, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

Re: Resurrecting my 56’ Patrician
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Definitely need some kind of lube at all the pivot and sliding parts of the regulator and metal tracks. The white lithium may repel water but I am not sure about how much an issue the dirt might be. Think almost any grease including vaseline is going to attract dirt over time. You might also investigate some of the latest synthetic water repellant types and if you can find one that states on the container it is non drying so much the better. I used a clear synthetic on my 47 window mechanism but don't have the container to remember which one. So far it seems to be working OK.

The original white Lubriplate the factory recommends definitely dries and hardens over time and I don't know if the generic white lithium grease is any better. I used some of the lithium grease on the 47 trunk lock mechanism and in a couple of other places. It seems to have developed a brown crust already but still feels OK underneath. No idea if the crust will eventually turn hard though.

Posted on: Today 14:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved