Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 124

29tons, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Golden Anniversary Puzzler
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve Henderson
See User information
There is for sale on FB Marketplace a 1949 Deluxe Eight sedan with gold paint and what appears to be a 1952 cormorant hood ornament. The ID plate appears to say 2362, which would be a 23rd series small eight sedan. However (and this is the Puzzler) if you look at the interior, it appears to be somewhat-worn Custom Eight maroon broadcloth with piping, etc. The door cards appear to be Custom Eight, also. Thde headliner, while apparently of the same maroon fabric, is standard side-to-side,rather than Custom Eight longitudinal. Would the factory have put a Custom Eight interior into a small eight sedan on special order? Would Custom Eight interior parts fit a small eight? Curiosity consumes me.

Although advertised as a repaint, this might be a Golden Anniversary model. The owner apparently thought so when he bought it. My dad was a dealer and he got two of these at model introduction time. I was in kindergarten that year and I remember them sitting hidden in our back yard until announcement day.

If anyone out there is intested, this car has been advertised for a year and the owner appears ready to listen to offers. As I presently own four Packards, I am self-disqualifying.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/735791361550635/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A1ffc70cc-d2ef-47f4-b8d7-22b2913c2ee6

Posted on: Today 4:28
Steve in Indiana

1949 Deluxe Eight Sedan
1955 400 Hardtop
1956 400 Hardtop
 Top  Print   

Re: Golden Anniversary Puzzler
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
All of those seats and panels from a 22nd series Custom Eight could be installed in that Eight in one leisurely afternoon. The body shells are the same. That some (probably very rusty) Custom Eight was the donor is further evidenced by the 356 engine sitting on the pallet. Note the cast iron water outlet and water pump pulley as evidence. Somebody put a nice car together from some nice parts that were at hand. The bird is a 53-54.

Posted on: Today 6:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved