Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

ZeroCool, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Convertible top- 1955 Caribbean
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
The convertible top on the Caribbean is making me nuts. The top will drop without a problem but when it comes to raising it, it will not go up without assist. This is a new glitch. I replaced all the pieces during the restoration and it previously operated smoothly.
I thought that it might need fluid but that did not help.
I guess the fact that the top has not been raised or lowered regularly might be part of the problem but same is true with my other and prior ragtops…all have been fitted with parts from Hydro E Lectric.
Before I order a new pump, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
RJR

Posted on: Today 15:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Convertible top- 1955 Caribbean
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Can you disconnect the mechanism and move it up-and-down by hand? It might be obvious where it's binding.

Posted on: Today 16:34
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Convertible top- 1955 Caribbean
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
Does not seem to be issue of binding….retracts smoothly. It will go up if someone is holding the button down and i do manual assist.
Not something that you would want if you were alone and had reason to raise the top .
It functioned perfectly before but the car gets little use.
Was just curious if anyone had a top motor start to fail.
I thought that maybe the battery was low or generator output did not have enough juice but same result with charger attached at :40:@mps.

Posted on: Today 18:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved