Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1956 Packard Clipper - Ebay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
And for a Clipper, the two extremely distinctive and different taillights, one used 53-55 and the other during 56 only, are a sure giveaway.

I think you meant 1954-1955. The 1953s had the same or similar vertical glass type as the 200 and 250 that preceded the Clipper lineup.

Posted on: Yesterday 20:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Correct. Only 54-55 had the "sore-thumb" taillights. 55 added the backup light directly underneath. 54 the backup lights which were the same style as previous years and were simply an "add-on" that bolted on through the lower trunk filler panel.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Right. Didn't check.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:03
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I always liked the 1954 senior and the 1955 Clipper backup lights as they didn’t look like an afterthought! For course, the 1955 senior and all 1956s had them built-in too.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
OMG! This discussion of differences between 1955 and 1956 Clippers and senior Packard cars is actually taking place. And the subject vehicle is a 1955 Clipper with a shocking pink interior. With the instrument panel growing a pink beard. With pink overpaint on the transmission gear indicator window. With the vehicle windows tinted limo black. With a 1956 Clipper serial number. For sale in a world-wide auction. With a rusted exterior proudly proclaimed to have "patina"– perhaps purposely created and then proudly credited to a shop. This done via a pop-riveted plate attached to the body a la coachbuilder style! This is actually happening in October of the year 2024.

I am tempted to quote the words of Edward G. Robinson's character in the movie, Soylent Green... as he weeps and says, "...how did we ever come to this?..."

But no. I wont say those words. By the way... Soylent Green was set in the year, 2022. Think about it...

Posted on: Yesterday 22:04
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved