Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
93 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Warning - Viewer Discretion Advised
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
I'd have just run over the bicyclist...it would've done less damage to the Packard...

Posted on: 2011/4/12 22:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Thanks for the tip HH56. I don;t understand what all the fuss was about unless the passengers were pregnant and josled or something. I mean shit, with those size wheels and the high ground clearence that car ought to be able to be driven rite out there with no problems.

During the era of that car it was often common for them to traverse corn fields and conditions much worse than that.

Maybe didn't have a GPS to guide them back onto the road.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 22:03
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
The link on the first photo says when the bicycle came into the cars path the driver hit the gas instead of the brakes.
That was in 2010. Since then the British Space Agency and the Ministry of Silly Walks has been investigating whether electircal interference may have have been partly responsible

Posted on: 2011/4/12 22:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Look close at the pics in the LINK. There is something still wrong. The trees are leaning excessively toward the road. "FIRE RESCUE" on the steam engine is not spelled backwards. Blue lites on a fire engine????? I thot they were supposed to be red.

Note the text references the driver as "elderly gentleman". Could be construed as age discrimination and politically INcorrect reference.

At this point i believe the photo was Photo Shopped.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 22:25
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Do believe the UK has a different set of rules for emergency vehicles. Blue and normal writing seems to be the common.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 22:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Keith not everything is a conspiracy....just saying.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 22:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
Look close at the pics in the LINK. There is something still wrong. The trees are leaning excessively toward the road. "FIRE RESCUE" on the steam engine is not spelled backwards. Blue lites on a fire engine????? I thot they were supposed to be red.

Note the text references the driver as "elderly gentleman". Could be construed as age discrimination and politically INcorrect reference.

At this point i believe the photo was Photo Shopped.

Motorway patrol cars over here have blue and red flashing lights but all other emergency services have only blue. The two-tone emergency siren noise gives rise to the term "blues and twos" when they are in full flight.

Trees do tend to lean excessively here too in places where it is too damn windy!!

Posted on: 2011/4/13 1:22
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved