Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Packard Memorbilia
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John H New York
See User information
I have an old Packard metal outdoor thermometer that you would hang up outside. Other than some weathering and a minimal amount of rust on top and bottom it is in AWESOME Condition. No dents or holes. It says "Ask A Man Who Owns One" then "PACKARD" at an angle then a picture of a late 20's or early 30's Packard at the bottom.

Does anyone have an idea how much it is worth?????

Posted on: 2011/8/31 14:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Memorbilia
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Does it look like this?

Attach file:

jpg  (51.54 KB)
1_4e5e960bd9266.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2011/8/31 15:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information

Kev, that looks like an older photograph. Am I right?

Posted on: 2011/8/31 15:25
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, old photo, as there are now cabinets all along that wall and the thermometer is now on the opposite wall.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 15:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The thermometer is not worth too much. It was made in the late 70s. I used to buy them at K Mart for about $10.00. One year every Packard vendor at Hershey was selling them. They have now weathered and aged and folks think they are original.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 16:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
The can of carb dip looks familiar... I have the same one.

For the thermometer, if it's the one with a blue background and white edging (slightly different from Kev's), there is is this one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PACKARD-THERMOMETER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1e5aebe8QQitemZ120768359400QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0

My dad has one in perfect shape because our last name is Packard, but it's on his wall, not mine.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 22:51
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John H New York
See User information
Hey that's what it looks like. It even looks like it's in about the same kind of condition.

Thanks for the info.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 5:32
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John H New York
See User information
Hi Kev

Ken P posted a link to one for sale on ebay. The one listed on ebay is just like the one I have. I believe it was made in the 40's.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 5:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I have the same style of thermometer as the one shown in Ken P's eBay link, but in much better shape. Given to me by a friend of the family about 25 years ago, it was beginning to show a little rust by the time I got it, but cleaned up nicely and has been a permanent indoor resident ever since - not for sale.

No way is that piece of scrap on eBay worth the opening bid.

I agree with packards1 that this paricular style of thermometer was made in more recent years - NOT from the Packard era - and not worth very much.

I also have the same style as the one shown in BigKev's pic - another contemporary piece of nostalgia, purchased brand-new on eBay back in 2001 for $27 USD. It, too, is an indoor decoration. A friend purchased the same thermometer at the same time, hung it up outside, and - except for the white background - all the paint has completely faded/washed away over the years.

Packard thermometers are often misrepresented on eBay and other venues - the practice appears to be worse than ever these days.

I don't recall ever seeing a thermometer in a catalog of Packard dealer signage.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 8:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
BH and Packards1 are correct. I also bought a thermometer just like the one in the eBay auction for $10.00 at K-Mart either late 1983 or early 1984.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 20:52
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved