Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 235

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Were any performance parts ever made/sold for the V-8?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Just browse to jegs.com or summit.com and search for Chrysler lifters.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/9/22 16:04
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
gimme a break its called google or jegs.com!!

back at you buddy ;0)

and p.s. i lied....it was the 2011 that was cheaper, which apparently according to the X-ref you shouldn't use.

Hank

Posted on: 2010/9/22 16:07
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Gufwah ha ha ha ha ha ha .

But now, aren't u wondering why not to use the 2011 lifter???

Posted on: 2010/9/22 16:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
seems to me Jack said it had something to do with the seat not being the same as the original.

that's why i said i thought that Mike sent me the 2011 version, cause the seat is different and from the side view the one's Mike sent me look the same as the 2011.

Hank

Posted on: 2010/9/22 16:21
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The seat Height of the 2011 is higher than what the Packard V8 can use. If the 2011 is installed the push rods will push the seat nearly to the bottom of the lifter.

Look at the service manual. It describes the procedure for checking the seat compression distance.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 21:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Maybe this has already been discussed before, but;

What was included in the Racing Car Equipment code "RC" listed for the 5662 & 5667?

What was included in the high speed car equipment listed for 5680 only symbol "HR"?

Posted on: 2010/9/22 22:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
None of the Trade Letters that I used as source for my 55th and 56th Series RPO/Build Code charts make any mention of that equipment, but - again - I don't have all of the letters in that series.

However, I was provided a photocopy of what appears to be an internal document that does show High Speed Car Equipment (HS) for 5680 and Racing Car Equipment (RC) for 5660 as approved codes. I've have also seen HS (listed as High Speed Equipment) on one page from the multi-part production record for a 56th Series car, but no evidence of RC, there.

My gut feeling is that the HS and RC equipment may have been planned for, but never actually introduced in production - like the stillborn Jet Streak package for the 56J Golden Hawk.

Perhaps others will have some additional insight on the details of these two equipment packages.

Posted on: 2010/9/23 8:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just a wild guess, possibly HS was in anticipation of successful completion of the fuel injection program which was subsequently abandoned. I've never seen anything about those 2 codes either.

Posted on: 2010/9/23 8:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Any news on whatever happened to Steve Williams Packard V8 performance parts? He had a few nice pieces, including one stroker crankshaft and one complete full-race engine.

jack vines

Posted on: 2010/9/23 10:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Might ask that question on the AACA Packard forum. The poster who first mentioned the sale answered another posters question that the parts are still there but think he was talking about Stude stuff. Anyway, he seems to know some of what is going on.

Posted on: 2010/9/23 11:34
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved