Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 194

Mopar_Earl, Darrin180, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1935 Eight by Graber
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I suspect that anyone from the Indiana Region, anyone who's been around for a while, would be able to help with the identify of the person who restored it 30 years ago. Gene Perkins certainly would know.

Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:36
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information

Posted on: 2010/10/25 12:13
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Dave,

See it has a Packard ID Plate. Just how would that fit into your database given the Graber body?

Posted on: 2010/10/25 13:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sharp eyes Mal, and thanks for looking so closely. Unfortunately the data plate is a repro, probably done at the time of restoration and the info is essentially useless. I'd assume it was sold as a chassis and thus the VN would have been 1200-11 or higher. The current one is stamped as "12th" meaning series I presume, and a 8-digit number which may or may not be a Graber number, hence the interest if finding the Graber archives.

Since the factory cowl that would have come with a chassis-only sale is missing and the entire cowl is now a unique casting, no thief-proof number.

West, thanks for the Christies link; it is of course a different car as you already knew but may have served as the inspiration for this one. Most of Graber's work was on European chassis, I don't know how many Packards they did, but they sure seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately.

Posted on: 2010/10/25 13:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Owen and all

Thanks for the posting here and on the PAC Forum, those are great pictures, love seeing them. Ralph Marano gets the most interesting cars.

Yes, it is an attractive design, not as Teutonically heavyhanded as Graber and contemporaries produced earlier in the period. This design is still in the vein of their earlier idiom, shortly to change to the streamlined, cleaner yet elegant style seen on the all-original '38 Eight that resurfaced recently. Personally, I prefer the later design idiom.

Surprising Graber would create an earlier style Packard radiator shell to replace the current unit. Those Werner Risch headlights, horns and wheels are interesting, very European features.

I'm sure when Ralph restores it, he'll select an appropriate, subtle color combination that enhances the design.

Steve

Posted on: 2010/10/25 18:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Matt snape
See User information
I have to agree with Eric on this one - I really like the style of this car, even with the paint scheme. It is definitely a different treatment to the US styles of the time, but I actually much prefer the lower slung look. I think that this is probably a result of the earlier stylings of companies such as Bugatti, Talbot, et al who so influenced the European scene following their Gp and road racing successes in the 1920's and early 1930's.

Posted on: 2010/10/26 21:08
If at First You Don't Succeed - Skydiving is Not For You...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved