Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Kanter Products.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
You'd Better open another BAG! i'll join you - Pass the pass the pop-corn?!!

Posted on: 2011/9/20 1:57
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
As Stuart has said he is working on my order? so until he gets in touch with me. = (NO)

Posted on: 2011/9/20 2:01
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
THis I have done already otherwise i would still be:- WAITING!!
THE CARB LOOKS BEAUTIFUL, can't wait to fit it.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 2:05
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
You won't be sorry thats for sure, the service is Impeccable
and the work Quality - IMPRESSIVE..

Posted on: 2011/9/20 2:12
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
I don't think anyone pays anything, until you know What you are Buying in the firt place?

Posted on: 2011/9/20 2:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
This thread can only go south. count me in for the ride.

I will say, when ordering from Max Merritt or Kanter, i've almost always done it by phone as i've had a question to go along with the order. Orders are usually in my hand 2-4 days later, as each place is about a day or two shipping on either side of me.

I find max merrit's website to be much easier to use, and have bought parts i was sure of via the website with no snags. I've never ordered directly off the kanter website that i recall.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 8:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Mr.Stocker's post at the beginning of this topic was yesterday Sept 19th, someone noted to him that I am a member and frequent contributor. Today I rec'd a PM wiht the same infor plus an additional question.

Please note that we ship 200-250 orders a dya and the vast majority go out within 1-2 days, foreign orders due to many reasons often take a bit longer, more quality control, customs documentation etc.

Mr. Stocker states at his conclusion our slogan "Do it once and do it right" and asks how long it takes to confirm and ship an order.; He started his inquiry in June and now it is Sept, 3 months later. Nobody wants to wait 3 months ofr an order of course.

There's more to the story than meets the eye. We cannot ship an order until it is paid for. Along the way Mr. Stocker gave us his CC#, but not the exp date and confirmation code.
He asked more questions, added more product etc etc and stated DO NOT SHIP THIS ORDER UNTIL I GIVE MY OK. Later he gave his exp date and confirmantion code.

We certainly do try to "Do it once and do it right" especially on a foreign order where a wrong part is a hassle with shipping and customs adn the cars are more likely to have had modifications over the years with incorrect parts due to scarcity.

We have done everything all along to assure he will get the parts to fit his car. He and we will have done it right.
If he doesn't give us the OK to ship and charge his credit card he will never get his parts. Please note that we do not charge a credit card until the order is on the shipping line. This is probably the oldest order we have in house. As they say , the ball is in his court.

I'm baffled as to why he put up this post. As of 3:30 PM Tuesday Sept 20th we have not received his OK.

Mr. Stocker's basic question is as follows, "How long does it take to confirm an order let alone wait for the delivery.
We really don't know how long it takes him to confirm/OK an order."

Posted on: 2011/9/20 14:30
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
Mr Kanter,
As you can see Iam in no rush to rebuild my Packard 120,
as i am waiting for spares.But over time it will be rebuilt.
I work during the day,and at weekends(if I feel like it) work on the Packard as most of us do?
Stuart Blond informs me that he is in the process of processing my order? Yet he has not got back to me, he tells me he will be away and be back at work on the 19/09
I understand this to mean he will E-Mail me!
The reason I stated:- Do not Debit my account until I give the O K- was so that I can first inform my Bank of a Debit that will take place from overseas - As I must first give a Security Authorization before they will clear it.
Stuart Blond has a list of all my parts that i need to rebuild my Engine,and a new list for other parts. He has to date not got back to me with a cost = Total And, What he is in fact sending me? So how can I give conformation The O K for some thing that I know nothing about,(Would you?)
We can go on like this for ever, but at the end of the day
Mr Blond must Communicate - Make Known - Reveal = E-Mail
So that he and I "do it once and do it Right"..
Regards Bill

Posted on: 2011/9/20 19:15
 Top  Print   

What we got here is a failure to communicate!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
"What we got here is a failure to communicate!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO9Jyz82Ps

"...and I don't like it any more than you..."

Craig

Posted on: 2011/9/20 19:33
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JT120
See User information
Graig, I think you're on to something

Posted on: 2011/9/20 19:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved