Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 221

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well I Have gotten the chrome back from the plater. they did their usual excellent job. However as I stated earlier they could not do the tail light housings or the mirrors. I have left the tail light housing down at the powder coating shop and they will see what they can do until I an find suitable replacements. They are out there but they ar not cheap by any means. BTW there is a gasket in the housing where the red lense goes in. The chrome process as well as the powder coating will destroy that gasket. Does anyone know where I can get these or is there another suitable alternative.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 21:33
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Steele has the entire gasket set for 56-8 tail lights, their item 30-0460-15-- but also not cheap. Have also seen the thin narrow foam rubber weatherstrip available from the hardware store used.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 21:50
 Top  Print   

Access Hole ????
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
On the floor pan drivers side, just before the gas pedal, about where the heel of ones foot would be, there is what I would call an access hole. The body shop, in their zeal to do a good job, tack welded a piece of sheet metal over it. Originally there was a round piece of sheet metal with 2 screws holding it down. This piece of metal was fairly well rusted though so I took it off. I did fail to mention to the body shop not to cover that and to just cut another cover. My question is this, what does that hole give one access to. I looked though it and saw no reason for it to be there. If there is, in fact no purpose for it, I will just leave well enough alone. Anyone know anything about this??????

Posted on: 2009/11/28 20:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Access Hole ????
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you're talking V8, believe that would be the fill access for master cylinder on manual brake car.

Posted on: 2009/11/28 21:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,

Perhaps you could move this thread to the V8 Forum or merge it with AL's 1956 Clipper Hot Rod Thread, if possible?

Posted on: 2009/11/28 21:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
my 55s have this hole, and i believe my 56 has it as well. i to would say that it for the non power master cylnder fill, but i cant be shure.

Posted on: 2009/11/28 21:27
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It's a hole to dispose of your "stash" before you get pulled over by the fuzz. This is better than throwing it out the window, they can see that...

Posted on: 2009/11/28 21:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Does anyone know if there are any statistics on how many Packards and clippers were built with standard brakes vs BTV??? (with in the year ranges that BTV was offered)

Posted on: 2009/11/28 22:30
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
If that is the case then I would say that the hole came on all cars regardless of brakes because this car came with BTV power brakes and has the hole. Thanks all. I will no doubt leave it alone since I have no need for it.

Posted on: 2009/11/29 10:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Most likely the hole is on all cars. Probably stamped multiple floor pans at a time & doubt if they knew which floor stamping would wind up in a particular car when everything welded together.

Posted on: 2009/11/29 11:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved