Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 208

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 »

Re: Russian Tchaika [means seagull]
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Pic of a somewhat different Chaika, see image #20 in 2007 Russian Industry Airshow.

Posted on: 2010/5/31 0:09
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Gerd,

As you say, the link is obstinate in it's refusal to co-operate. But I did save one pic of the Chaika in question, here tis!
EDIT - Here's another attempt at the link. Worked in preview so I'm hopeful it'll work for all. If not, -

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.2&thid=128ecc4dc5ffd7ef&mt=application%2Fvnd.ms-powerpoint&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3D2%26ik%3D40019dea00%26view%3Datt%26th%3D128ecc4dc5ffd7ef%26attid%3D0.2%26disp%3Dattd%26realattid%3D0.2%26zw&sig=AHIEtbTDenAwv1VhpQZ1jDK2Tn7LvkXukw

Attach file:

jpg  (24.05 KB)
226_4c03726077229.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/5/31 3:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Gerd: Here is one for you. The builder of the plane was killed by Uncle Joe after it crashed.

Attach file:

jpg  (29.01 KB)
105_4c269d88c3ebe.jpg 800X360 px

Posted on: 2010/6/26 19:38
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Wow! And we thought the spruce goose was large. If that thing is as ungainly as it looks, surprised it even got off the ground to crash or did it crash on the runway trying. Hide the wheels and it would look like a building on stilts. I see at least 10 cannon type guns and then some machine guns. Wonder how many are not seen.

Posted on: 2010/6/26 19:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Ship guns on air planes ...!
Gerd, I wouldn't know a ship gun from one that's not but will take your word for it. Looking at the photo again, maybe the two bladed props should have given it away but then again, the Soviets did seem to do a lot with what was at hand.

When it comes to Soviet attempts at aircraft or anything else for that matter, I am of the belief they would try almost anything if they thought it had a purpose or would one-up the US or the West including putting ship guns on a plane.

As to large, one of those Russian cargo planes brought something for a new power station a few years ago. Was so large that was the only way to get it here since it couldn't travel the distance via truck. Plane was here two days while they unloaded whatever it was. Provided quite a stir and a lot of entertainment for the town. I saw it from a distance and it towered over our little airport. Without a doubt, was the most plane I had ever seen before or since. Believe newscast said it wasn't even the largest as they had built one even bigger but it didn't fly anymore. Something needed replacing and the cost to repair something that was one of a kind on that plane was out of reach??

As to the "what do we have here" question on the other photo, will guess hand rails and a mount for a running board for bodyguards or someone to stand on.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 8:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry to go even more off-topic, but here's the Maxim Gorky I always admired. One of the last (but not the very last) steam-turbine powered cruise ships when last in service, but just very recently made into Honda fenders. Photo by this writer taken at Cadiz, Spain on Nov. 20, 2003.

Attach file:

jpg  (83.07 KB)
177_4c28c5e735c02.jpg 1189X793 px

Posted on: 2010/6/28 10:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Currently, where are the cars that were used by the high ranking THird Reich officials????? Were they all Mercedes????

Posted on: 2010/7/25 22:42
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
As I remember correct the cars used for parades in the Third Reich where Horch and Mercedes-benz.

Posted on: 2010/7/26 10:14
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ah, Maybach - what a machine. Somewhere I have photos of a late 30s Mayback Zeppelin convertible sedan displayed at Hershey a couple of years ago - a stunning restoration of a stunning car. I know it's not Packard, but I'll try to locate the photos and post them later.

Posted on: 2010/7/28 11:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Congratulations on your 2000th post, Gerd. Your contributions and amazing ability to research and provide information on such a verity of topics has truly enriched the experience for all users here at Packardinfo.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/7/31 10:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved