Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 207

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 33 »

Re: Wat's Clipper coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Wat is down for the count this weekend. Damn change-of-season headcold. KInda sucks.

I guess that we'll try again next week.

Posted on: 2022/10/15 12:50
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That’s what I thought too right after I got back home from my shop the last time in August. It turned out to be COVID even though I tested negative! My partner started getting similar symptoms at the same time and tested positive, then I did too when I tested again. Fortunately, after only a day and a half of total lethargy, we both felt fine the rest of the time until it was over. The worst was the antiviral drug that gave a constant bitter, almost metallic taste although food still tasted fine. Now, though, I think I have what they are referring to as Medium COVID with sneezing, coughing and fatigue bordering occasionally on lethargy which has slowed down my current work on my 1951 Henney-Packard.

Point is, if you think you have a cold and if you’ve not done so already, get tested! In any event, I hope you feel better soon!

Posted on: 2022/10/15 13:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Thank you. If it hangs around, I will.

Posted on: 2022/10/15 17:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Last weekend had no Packard stuff in it, but it did have some fix-the-house stuff. It also had Quality Fred Time. She has made herself a nest in the engine compartment of the '42 coupe. The hood is off and I tossed a moving quilt/pad on the engine. She has discovered it and worked it about to suit herself for sleeping.

This weekend was all Packard goodies stuff. The landlady had a medical procedure Friday morning early and was forbidden to operate heavy machinery for the rest of the day. After she got out, we scored breakfast and then hit the road for New Yawk. Picked up a 359 engine, complete with carburetor and manifolds, which means that Wat now has a surplus 4-barrel intake. Go figure. We also stopped in a city early this morning to look at a '54 Henney parts/junker with a complete 359. Price looks good. I measured the car to see if it'll fit my trailer. I think it will, but I need to measure it to be certain. Either way, it's @$$ will be hanging out the back.

Getting the engine off the truck was fun. We need to get a loader around here, and a proper hoist. The engine puller jack gizmo from Harbor Freight works fine, but it required a bit a lifting and juggling and letting down and repositioning and listing again and . . . you get it. So, after 90 minutes of finagling, it's in the engine stall and covered. The horses came to inspect to see what the humans were doing, but nothing smelled like peppermint, so they left.

Fred the cat literally hung around for the entire operation. I wonder if she doesn't trust the humans.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1660.jpg (247.86 KB)
224836_635f1b923bc7c.jpg 1440X1920 px

jpg  IMG_1658.jpg (242.86 KB)
224836_635f1ba497c09.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/10/30 19:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Easy to tell it’s a 359 even without the proper aluminum head due to the long studs! The aluminum head is much thicker that the cast iron head.

Posted on: 2022/10/31 1:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Nice score!

Posted on: 2022/10/31 16:30
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Thanks.

The Henney will fit the trailer. And it has its aluminum head still intact. Wonder if it's any good. We'll find out next month, I hope.

Guy also has a '47 4-door six banger, a '55 400 coupe and a '56 Executive coupe. I think that he has to have it all gone by 31 December, if I heard him correctly. The Clipper is pretty good. May have to ask Fred if we should pull the trigger.

Posted on: 2022/10/31 20:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Went to Indy two weekends ago to pick up some miscellaneous parts from the guy I had scored the big coupe from. And some other cars. He cleared out his Packard stuff. And then he found some more. It wasn't, "here, I found more stuff I'll be happy to sell ya." It was, "you bought the lot, and I still have some of your stuff, so do me a favor and come to get it."

One has to admire honest and forthright people.

Part of the haul was a 92" tube of rocker moldings. Which is what fits the 127" WB cars. w000t!!! That stuff is a bear to find.

Posted on: 2022/11/20 11:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Competition for Fred?

Found this photo in a post on the AACA Forums.

Attach file:

jpg  cat mechanic.jpg (33.48 KB)
226_637aa0fb1f43e.jpg 768X960 px

Posted on: 2022/11/20 16:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   
Love (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
Competition for Fred?

Found this photo in a post on the AACA Forums.

That's the cat I need! Hopefully that cat can tell the difference between a open end wrench and a box end wrench.

Posted on: 2022/11/20 18:27
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 33 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved