Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 148

54packpac, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: So who is going to Hershey?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
for the pic's John.

Posted on: 2009/10/15 21:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Just got back to the UK from Hershey. What an experience. Me and the Mrs must be at least an 1" shorter with all the walking we did. Some great cars as well as Packards. Managed to pick up all the spares I wanted for the 34 but best of all the correct trunk which was in extremely good condition. Boy did we have fun deciding on how to get it back to the UK and in the end opted for UPS.
Met some internet friends and it was nice to put a face to someone you have only talked to via the internet etc.

Met a guy who had restored an old Brit motorcycle and what a great job he had done on it too and it was a good feeling answering his questions on various facets of his retoration. We must have talked for about 2 Hours about it till the wife became bored and dragged me off to the chocalate factory. She really was patient as swapmeets are not really a girly thing. She is quite happy to come and likes little projects that I give her in finding things.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kindness and hospitality shown to us in the States
Terry

Posted on: 2009/10/16 3:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Mrpushbutton

Thanks for the pictures too.

Darn, I missed seeing that handsome '32 Phaeton and the '33 Sedan.

But that's Hershey, large enough so some interesting cars get missed no matter how much one walks and looks.

Saw that stunning '34 Twelve club coupe in the parking lot of the Cocoa Diner on Thrusday morning, later in the Dayton museum tent, what a sweetheart!

Steve

Posted on: 2009/10/16 9:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I drove my car there, and displayed it in the HPOF section. This photo was taken on the road out of the show field, after everyone had left.

Attach file:

jpg  (167.42 KB)
404_4ad89894d7aef.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2009/10/16 11:00
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
West, I saw your car in the Chocolate field, looked around for you, wanted to say HI! but I missed you. Very nice car.

Hey guys, how about resizing the photos before posting here, there is a free program at www.ifranview.com
easy as pie to use (I figured it out!) about 600 wide is ideal.

Posted on: 2009/10/16 13:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
That was my parking spot for the week. I met an individual from Venezuela whose father was some "big wig" (or at least that's what I thought he was trying to tell me). He had two 1808 limousines (he might have said they were 160s). They were both restored and painted identical... silver with dark fenders (ugh!). Very nice man, though.

Interesting comment on the photo "size" issue. On my computer, they're all fairly small, until you click on them.

Posted on: 2009/10/16 15:53
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Well, it's weird, sometimes the picture of the 1939 Packard in the car corral (by itself) is flippin' huge, and stretches out the whole screen, and other times it is fine.

Posted on: 2009/10/17 21:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, Absolutely brilliant cars, none of them in the Antipodes! Did anyone get any snaps of the Packard Swap Meet sites. Are they in an organised row or are they out of the back of an RV. My wife and I organise a Swap meet for the veteran, Vintage and Classic Motorcycle Club in Canberra, Australia and most sites are on a 5 X 5 metre ground site. We have around 300 indoor and outdoor sites. There would be between 3 to 5 Packard specific items at the Swap meet. Best regards Peter Toet

Posted on: 2009/10/18 5:10
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi Pete,
Yes they are organised in rows, you start with your field colour, Orange, Green, Choclate (North and South) and Red (1, 2 and 3) plus the car coral which covers the perimeter of the sports centre and also the car show field. The Aussies do things in a big way, but, Hershey is something else!
I have tried to post some pics to show you the size of the place. I hope they have come out but if not let me know and I will try again
Regards
Terry

Posted on: 2009/10/18 10:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Here are some pictures from Hershey.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (187.75 KB)
105_4adb3f9d79271.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (128.58 KB)
105_4adb3fede8264.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (128.78 KB)
105_4adb4052058f6.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/10/18 11:17
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved