Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 204

Owen_Dyneto, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Fuel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The alcohol in gasoline issue may soon evaporate up as midwestern droughts are driving corn prices through the roof. Once food prices start to burn the CPI excess corn production will stop going up in smoke.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 13:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If I remember correctly from my days in chemical compliance with EPA, since oxygenated fuel is mandated by law for certain areas dependent on their Clean Air Act compliance, I don't think any supply problems with ethanol will change the requirement other than the price we have to pay, both for the fuel and everything else corn-related. Either the legal requirement for oxygenated fuel has to be rescinded (highly unlikely) or the EPA will have to find another oxygenate (equally if not even more unlikely).

Posted on: 2012/7/14 13:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Required by law the so-called bioethanol ratio has to be 10% in the European Community (starry-eyed idealism). But now they overturn the law (new target value will be 5%) and start to talk about second generation bioethanol, made of organic waste instead of tropical rain forest.

Click to see original Image in a new window

[picture source: www.fotocommunity.com]

Posted on: 2012/9/11 21:23
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
As Dave predicted gas prices have soared here in western Pa.
I just paid $3.99.9 a gallon for regular and that is the cheapest gas in the area - Sunoco.
The price of "shine" has remained steady.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 23:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I have always fretted about wasteful petroleum policies. A diet based on candy eventually will get anybody sick. However, every economic assumption being used from top to bottom is based on the wasteful use of hydrocarbons. A good example of insanity is a Bill Clinton speech about "a new modern economy." The only thing he knows about is the economics of having stupid people pay him ridiculous amounts of money to make speeches about topics for which he is not qualified to say anything. I guess the new modern economy is lower standards of living, declining national wealth, and higher unemployment. Goodbye American imperialism.

Better get used to it. My concern is that I can't buy a good car free from meaningless gadgets for people who don't know how to drive and don't know where they are going.

Posted on: 2012/9/12 6:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
heya walnut creek ,i drive my 52 / 200 to commute from el cerrito to walnut creek and backto work .I m at the kaiser ,I like to take san pablo dam road cuz I feel like im in switzerland or something ,then up 24 .
its particularly satisfying to have the long line of 120,000$ porches/bmw.s/& lexii behind me as i clatter along at the speed limit
I think that having a 60 yr old car is very environmentally concious ,if people replace theyre cars every 3 yr, I have obviated the manufacture of 20 vehicals ! think of THAT big green house gas cloud belching out of tokyo ! .I definatly feel like you should ony have to pay taxes on a vehical for a fixed amount of time ,say 20 yr or 35 yr ,maby even 50 yr ,then they should leave me alone ,
in fact free trips to the car wash and , free gas and 20% off my IRS bill should be my reward for my dilligent part in saving the planet that I play by me driving my packard!
do you know anyone in the area who will do a top end job on the old thundebolt? morgans speed shop said they would look at the engine if I brought it too them out of the car .

Posted on: 2012/9/22 0:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I just paid $3.99.9 a gallon for regular and that is the cheapest gas in the area - Sunoco.

I think we're still ahead of you. The cheap places that sell questionable no name products are about in that range. The average brand name corner gas station (what's left of them) is running about 30 cents more per gallon here.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 9:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
I just paid the equivalent to USD 10,50 a gallon for nonalcohlic gasoline ESSO (Exxon), due to extreme taxation.

Tom

Posted on: 2012/9/22 10:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Rocky46 wrote:
I just paid the equivalent to USD 10,50 a gallon for nonalcohlic gasoline ESSO (Exxon), due to extreme taxation.

Tom

Ouch! My hat's off to you guys over there owning gas guzzling Packards (or any other similar American car) and having to pay that kind of money for the pleasure of driving them.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 10:38
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Due to the climate most of us only use the cars for only 3 to 5 months during the year, thus keeping the cost for gasoline down .

Tom

Posted on: 2012/9/22 10:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved