Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 223

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Packard Pickups
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
shooting break

Attach file:

jpg  (43.91 KB)
757_4e773c70042d9.jpg 500X375 px

jpg  (45.55 KB)
757_4e774d40bfa8b.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2011/9/19 7:51
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
seriously Ross, if had the money i would totally have you make me one of these. i LOVE that red one!

Hank

Posted on: 2011/9/19 9:24
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (91.75 KB)
439_4e77570cbc8a4.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/9/19 9:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.

Have pondered long on the spare tire placement; it will not fit through the rear door unless I used a mini-spare. The other option is moving the gas tank just forward of the hump and putting the spare underneath as most trucks do. Lots of work.

As cli55er mentions, I build these things for fun and profit and would be happy to build one for YOU. I have enough parts and cars sitting about I can option a postwar vehicle to your wishes: Next up is a 54 Packard Shipper with 327 and Ultra for a gentleman in Canada. I also have my mind set on a 53 Shipper Deluxe with 327, 4 bbl, and overdrive mounted on a torsion level chassis with senior brakes.

Possibilities are endless as long as ebay keeps providing a steady stream of unwanted (and consequently low priced) 4-doors.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 5:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Matt snape
See User information
Is there no room for a wheel well (lay down or upright) in the tray then?

Posted on: 2011/9/20 7:18
If at First You Don't Succeed - Skydiving is Not For You...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Ross,
I really like the red one. Can you give us a rough cost estimate for a duplicate pickup?

Posted on: 2011/9/21 10:18
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The price for the basic conversion is $8500. That includes all the basic body modifications and reinforcements, and wood fitted, stained, and urethaned to order for the bed floor and tailgate inner panel. Stainless rub strips are included for those panels. The inside of the bed is sprayed with bed liner if desired and all the new metal is primed.

These modifications are made with minimal disturbance to existing paint, but the car will need to be painted afterward.

Tie down rails, step bumpers and other mods are available at extra cost.

Everything else that happens to the car falls under normal restoration/ maintenance and is not included in that price.

It is far cheaper to start with a decent car and avoid engine and trans rebuilds and major rust repair. There are plenty of candidates out there.

Would be glad to discuss this further. Feel free to call four one O three five seven four five six one.

Posted on: 2011/9/21 12:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Ross,
Thanks. That is a very reasonable cost to create a unique and practical pickup. I will need to look for a really nice solid donor car to pursue this further. Luckily San Diego cars are usually rust free but Packards are not very common.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 17:14
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Fred, check the LA/IE/OC Craigslist for a good candidate as 51-54s show up all the time on the cheap. But may be better to source one closer to Ross so you are not paying transport fees both way.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 18:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
Wow! I missed your initial postings and just spent the past 30 minutes looking over all of the photos.. BRAVO! *Standing Ovation*

Posted on: 2011/9/22 19:26
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved