Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 200

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Hershey question!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

FPTGearhead
See User information
Hi guys...

Reasking a simple question regarding Hershey.

Is there a Packard Row like there was years ago? If so where is it? Have not been there for a decade but am off to PA this week. A little short on time so preplanning is necessary.

Also are there a few key vendors, both commercial and private that are hot spots for Packard stuff? Always looking for Packard parts and good deals.

Thanks and off to PA soon.

David

Posted on: 2012/10/7 16:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Hershey question!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The major Packard vendors and many of the minor ones are all in the same area. Just look west of the Giant Center for either of two ballons, Bill Hirsch and PAC.

Posted on: 2012/10/7 17:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Mal's Hershey trip. And, more!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Try Green field next to Packard club tent. Also check row GBE, a number of vendors set up there

Posted on: 2012/10/7 20:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Today drove a total of about 550 miles. Saw Howard(HH56) @ Fresno, Jon(Dell) @ Sacramento and Mike(su8overdrive) @ Walnut Creek(near SF) and their Packards in my travels. Picked up 4 hubcaps for mate Chris from Jon. I'm just at my weight limit now for my big bag - took too many clothes. Will know for next time, if there ever is a next time!

Presently at San Francisco airport waiting for United Airlines to whisk me away to Chicago then change there for a flight to Dayton Ohio.

Driving from San Simeon, left about 6:40 with no traffic at ALL until after about 7:30. Wait there was one thing on the road, about 10 minutes after starting, came around one tight bend and there was a young deer in the middle of the road! Slowed to a crawl and it bounded away.

And Mike, haven't forgotten your pic's, pushed for time and still having upload problems but will sort your pic's out and email them in a couple of days!

Attach file:

jpg  (28.92 KB)
226_50725d3be1d56.jpg 384X512 px

jpg  (17.11 KB)
226_50725d4e0f545.jpg 384X512 px

jpg  (12.41 KB)
226_50725d5873865.jpg 384X512 px

Posted on: 2012/10/8 0:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Today, after an overnight flight from San Francisco, changed planes at Chicago and arrived in Dayton, Ohio. Main item of interest was The Citizens Motorcar Company. Prior to the trip I'd been in contact with West Petersen who'd recommended also seeing the National Museum of the US Air Force if I had time. He also advised 2 hours would be more than enough time to take in all the Packards at The Citizens Motorcar Company. But first I drove to nearby Lewisburg and picked up a part I'd bought on eBay some months back, see pic. Wasn't as good as it looked on eBay, but aren't they all? Still the price was reasonable so now I'll be lugging it around with me for the remainder of my trip!

Well West you let me down! 2 hours wasn't enough time to see the Packards AND photograph them in difficult lighting condiions! Oh, didn't I mention I'd be taking photo's? I didn't? Then you are forgiven. Or maybe it's because of the stress I was under in driving to the USAF Museum? Reason for that was the GPS provided with the rental car DIDN'T have the latest maps! So my companion for the day, a poor woman, was constantly re-calculating because of what appeared to me to be a new or considerably altered Freeway system in Dayton. Of course, on the plus side, I was able to see places in Dayton even people from Dayton haven't seen! But once we, me and my GPS lady companion, found the USAF museum it was definitely worth it. But with time tight I only managed to take in the WW2 display hall. I think that leaves 5 other halls, so if I'm ever in the vicinity of Dayton again, accompanied by an up-to-date GPS, I'll definitely catch the rest of the Museums offerings.

Then onto The Citizens Motorcar Company. Made it without getting lost, the freeways for that mustn't have been disturbed by the building program! What a great place, with great cars. Al, a docent at the Museum, certainly earned his paycheck today. Working well past knock-off time so this erstwhile snapper could take photo's, even managing to get some of the spare parts stock "out the back". Thoroughly enjoyed my time there today among some marvelous Packards.

Tomorrow, if you're in the vicinity of Warren Ohio, I invite you to join YFAM Randy Berger and myself at the National Packard Museum. Doors open at Noon! Be there!

Attach file:

jpg  (39.84 KB)
226_5073825f547c6.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (33.32 KB)
226_507382908d214.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (21.07 KB)
226_507382a1cb118.jpg 384X512 px

jpg  (44.71 KB)
226_507388e5a0843.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (49.59 KB)
226_507388f8cd23e.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/10/8 21:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Wow. That speedster.... Don't tell my wife but I'm in love

Posted on: 2012/10/8 21:33
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
What Rich said. That speedster's BEAUTIFUL!

Posted on: 2012/10/9 8:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Mal, Thanks for the pictures and the write up of your adventures in the US. I especially appreciate the photos of the members of the forum. I hope to see many more. Safe travels!

Posted on: 2012/10/9 16:35

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
clipper47 wrote:...I especially appreciate the photos of the members of the forum. I hope to see many more. Safe travels!
Dave,

It's good to be able to put faces to the names of the posters and even better to meet them. Speaking of which, today it was the National Packard Museum at Warren where I met YFAM, Randy Berger. Randy had driven up from Pennsylvania in his '56 Four Hundred. Now not everybody would go out of their way to do that, thanks Randy. It also meant I got to go for a ride in the Four Hundred downtown where we had brunch before returning to view the museum and it's exhibits. I spent a lot of time taking pic's, for which Randy was very patient and understanding. Unfortunately many of the pic's came out dark because of the lighting, or rather lack of it! In addition I think my camera is coming to the end of it's life with the view screen now almost impossible to see. I think it's been dropped one too many times! Apart from that had a good time at the Museum and with Randy.

After the museum it was off the Cleveland from where I caught a flight to Harrisburg then a taxi to Hershey. So I'm here now! Tomorrow the whole Hershey experience begins, bring it on!

Attach file:

jpg  (30.63 KB)
226_5074f4c0613a5.jpg 384X512 px

jpg  (33.53 KB)
226_5074f4db12a1d.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (45.50 KB)
226_5074f4fa5bb3f.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (37.15 KB)
226_5074f5135afa1.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/10/9 23:11
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Mal, inquiring minds want to know just how much Packard swag you'll acquire at Hershey, how you'll get it back to Oz, and what the final shipping costs might be?.....

Posted on: 2012/10/10 12:10
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved