Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 225

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Model 1707 engine compartment
Just popping in
Just popping in

J Lucas
See User information
My sons and I (with a trusted friend-mechanic), are working on a 1707 club sedan. We are installing a new wiring harness,among other things as we attempt to assemble it.
The main challenge is that we didn't disassemble the car, it was a partial "basket" case from good old E-bay.
Although all of the main goodies seem to be here, we are missing small parts, such as the protector for the harness where it goes through the firewall, is the right one similar to the bell shaped one that is on, for example, 22nd series?
We could really use some detailed pictures of the engine compartment, firewall, and the inside fenders, we have splash pans and inner fenders but there isn't an obvious way to attach the inner fenders to the frame, and I assume (usually a problem), that some kind of rubber or metal splash protector is between the shock and engine compartment. We also have some questions as to routing of the armored cable to the coils, does it go through the tube holding the spark plug wires? Any and all suggestions any info would be welcome as this is our first twelve. I am sure that somewhere there are some coffee cans or some thing full of the little fasteners etc but they seem to have disappeared in the cars travels since it was taken apart.
Well thanks in advance, I am a long time lurker here and am amazed at the detailed info some of the posters have here.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 13:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Model 1707 engine compartment
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day J Lucas,
Lurking is good but joining is even better so to PackardInfo.

But sorry I can't help with your questions. Instead I invite you to include your '39 Twelve Club Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/4/30 15:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Heres some photos of a pretty much virgin 39 '12'
http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=305878

Posted on: 2013/5/1 15:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear J:

The armored cable is held on with two clips that go under the acorn nuts and usually got tossed. But you can make then from stock and paint them black. Before you install that make sure it isn't shorting out. You can have it repaired if it is.

There is a parts book on this site that you can download for all the little stuff. But a hard copy from PI is much better because it is portable.

I will see what pictures I have, but don't dismiss the junknet. Just search on 1939 Packard twelve engine.

The fasteners for the fender "splashers" will be listed in the parts book. I've done cars that were a bare frame basket case and you need the parts book. Also sort through what hardware you have and sort out the genuine Packard stuff.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 18:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved