Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 135

JD in KC, kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1937 115c heater defroster help
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Alfred,
for including your '37 Six Touring Sedan in the Registry. And a question, what's the trophy you won?

Posted on: 2015/2/8 5:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Alfred wrote:
Howard
Thank you this will show me the basics .Do you have any idea what switches were used and how they were mounted?
Your the best
Al

I'm not familiar enough with prewars to be of much assistance but since Ken J's 37 has a similar install to the 39, you might look under the dash edge and see if there are some large empty holes that a switch could use. If a switch can be mounted then finding a good switch for the type unit you have is the next part. Ideally, someone will have the accessory install sheet and would post but if not, ----

How many wires does your motor have -- two or four? If 4 then am assuming it is a reversible motor -- one direction for heater function and the other for defrost. That will almost have to be a Packard switch or a creative circuit. If Flackmaster doesn't have any or some leads then that will take a search. I know others are also looking for the same type switch but for different year.

If only two wires then most likely a single direction motor and you could probably use a universal switch. Those are fairly common on ebay in both variable speed and simple on/off. Most of them have a switch mounted on a bracket which clamps to the dash edge. You should be able to modify the bracket or even remove the switch from the bracket and install it in the empty hole. Not many would know it was not a Packard switch and depending on how the knob mounts, Yesterdays Radio has repro Packard knobs that might even be able to be used in place of the original. If you do try that approach with a variable speed switch, make sure it is for a 6v application.

Posted on: 2015/2/8 11:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
This may be what you were looking for,as this copy of a installation sheet is for 1937 6 & 120 and some Seniors if you look closely it shows the switch placement and wiring for a heater/defroster in 1937. I would have sent it sooner but have been trying to make an attachment to this work.

Attach file:

jpg  (238.92 KB)
26305_54dca6ee5cd69.jpg 989X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/2/12 8:19
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Alfred
See User information
Thank You very much this is exactly what I needed !! you really helped me out . This site and the wonderful people on it is a God send for a guy that really wants to do realist restoration . This site and everybody on it will make Packard autos live forever . I sure hate to see Packard's that have been cut up and hot-rodded It makes my Heart hurt no respect. To me these car were intended to be luxury that lasts forever !
Again Thank You very Much
AL

Posted on: 2015/2/12 19:12
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Alfred
See User information
It was for coolest classic at good guys Pleasanton show a couple years back

Posted on: 2015/2/13 18:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"It was for coolest classic at good guys Pleasanton"
Of course!

Posted on: 2015/2/13 21:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved