Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 151

BigKev, Ozstatman, MissDaisy , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1931 club sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Kevin wrote: Thanks Oz.......added the car to the registry........

G'day Kevin,
for adding your Packard to the Owner Registry. I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting your story from the Owner Registry of how you acquired it as it makes for interesting reading for a wider audience.

Here is a 1931 Club Sedan Project,I just purchased this car on Nov 1,2008 it came from the original family, restoration was started in the 80's and the frame,engine,clutch,and brakes were restored the car was not finished and set inside since,some parts are missing but most are here,anyone with any parts or other info on this car please email me at kevin@malibusportswear.com we will be documenting every aspect of this project,my 11 year old son Devin will be in charge of research,parts cleaning, and decision making as to what parts to retain and what parts to remake,he is a die hard car kid and strives for keeping things original.We are falling in love with Packards more and more everyday.Can't wait to cruise it around the block.You guys have been great thanks for all your help.We have named this the "SAVANNA PROJECT" after the 12 year old girl that found this car on a feild trip.We have a t-shirt company and will be making some t-shirts for all involved.

Your "SAVANNA PROJECT" would make a great thread in the Project Blog Forum especially as you and your family are documenting the restoration.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 14:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kevin
See User information
Thats a great shot,you know your stuff,my son looked up the numbers and comes up with the chassis and engine numbers making it a 32,we have 327905 frame number and a 345369 engine number,and the gear box says 329302,what are your thoughts?I'll get in there with a light and look the inside of the roof over real good and get back with you.Any ideas why this car would come with landau bars?
Thanks...Kevin

Posted on: 2008/11/24 17:10
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kevin
See User information
Thanks OZ
You guys do fast detective work....
Kevin

Posted on: 2008/11/24 17:13
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kevin
See User information
Thank you very much

Posted on: 2008/11/24 18:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for looking up the numbers. Your engine# corresponds to 1931, the frame and transmission numbers correspond to 1930, as does the cowl # (thief-proof number). So it would appear you have a 1930 car which had a later motor replacement.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 18:23
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kevin
See User information
Thanks again for the info,you guys rock!

Posted on: 2008/11/24 19:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Kevin wrote:.........We have a t-shirt company and will be making some t-shirts for all involved.

Kevin,

I'd be willing to fly the flag for the SAVANNA PROJECT down under, so to speak. Always on the lookout for Packard themed clothing as it's a pretty scarce item down-under, not that there's a big market for it. That is, I'd be interested in a couple of t-shirts (Size XXL) if they became available. Of course your costs and shipping to Oz would be reimbursed, providing the Aussie dollar doesn't sink too much further in these troubled economic times.

And call me Mal, I'm starting to get schizophrenic with people calling me Oz!

Posted on: 2008/11/24 23:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kevin
See User information
Hi Mal
Sorry bout the "Oz",shirts are on us,we are putting some designs together as we want the kids to get into the history of Packard and with the all the hard times that people had in the 30's.Savanna wants to help us with the resto and is happy she can make some extra money helping Devin and I.She will be a big part of this.
Thanks.......Kevin

Posted on: 2008/11/25 9:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Kevin wrote: Hi Mal Sorry bout the "Oz",shirts are on us,.......Kevin

Kevin,

Oz or Mal is fine, just trying to have a joke at your expense.

I insist on paying for any shirts, I wont be a freeloader on your project adding to my Packard wardrobe at your expense, but I appreciate the offer.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 14:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved