Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard heater what year does it fit?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The heater is exactly as stated by Mr.39Super8. It is as pictured in the 38 and 39 Accessory brochures. However, just to harass Mr.39Super8, the heater core and size of the H82 v H81 (deluxe v. standard), the deluxe is a bit larger. Both units are OK for a 37 per Packard documentation, however the 38-9 heaters in a 37 still twist the brains of people who haven't researched the fine print. Still, all of my 37's have round heaters...reason being the dash on the 37's is only cut for a single defroster outlet, and the defroster unit is different between the early and late versions...but that is another story for another day...

And 37-120 Coupes are not unknown in Australia. Les Fisher has two of them. Check your photo's, Mal, he drove one of them to the power plant museum (or whatever it was called. The one with the Stanley Steamer in it...) and you photographed it when you were at Les' in March.

Posted on: 2008/12/6 10:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

flackmaster wrote:........And 37-120 Coupes are not unknown in Australia. Les Fisher has two of them. Check your photo's, Mal, he drove one of them to the power plant museum (or whatever it was called. The one with the Stanley Steamer in it...) and you photographed it when you were at Les' in March.

David,

Of course you are right. I didn't mean to infer there aren't any '37 120 Coupes in Australia, just that there wasn't anybody of the name given by Don as being a Packard club member now. In fact there are a number of '37 120 Coupes listed in the Register of Members dated 2007. However, because of my short association with the Packard club, there could be another Packard club member who is also a Packardinfo member who may be able to specifically identify the Coupe mentioned. Sorry for any confusion.

Attach file:

jpg  (66.19 KB)
226_493aca5c023c3.jpg 720X540 px

jpg  (45.00 KB)
226_493aca6c079c1.jpg 720X540 px

jpg  (48.62 KB)
226_493aca7d1e1f9.jpg 720X540 px

Posted on: 2008/12/6 13:55
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Dave,

I am lost, I had my standard and deluxe heater assemblies side-by-side and only noted trim differences. The dimensions, doors, defroster block plate, inlet / outlet, and mounting are exactly the same physical dimensions. The only thing I can think of is the heater core could be thicker, but it sure doesn't look like it.

Enlighten me

Posted on: 2008/12/6 23:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Don,
for including your '37 Sport Coupe in the Owner Registry.

Posted on: 2008/12/29 23:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved