Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1941 Packard 160 woody?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Does anyone have any more information on the '41 wagon? I'm going to go out on a stylistic limb here and say it's the best-looking Packard wagon EVER!...

Posted on: 2008/12/8 12:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Not much of a risk going out on that limb.

Posted on: 2008/12/8 12:48
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
However, I like this one even better!

Attach file:

jpg  (91.97 KB)
404_493d7c3c39abe.jpg 750X606 px

Posted on: 2008/12/8 14:57
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
That IS a very handsome example!

I need to pay more attention to Packard break wagons - not particularly being a fan, I have ignored them for the most part.

Posted on: 2008/12/8 15:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
West, trying to guess at the chassis on that one. We know Europeans favored the smaller 120 chassis because of their tax structure and highway/infrastructure. A 1937 Super Eight perhaps? It's a handsome machine!

Posted on: 2008/12/8 17:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You all probably know that the station wagon West likes was designed by Brooks Stevens. I heard recently that the car is being replicated. By someone in the Pacific Northwest, I believe. It is one of my favorites.

Posted on: 2008/12/8 18:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
The 34 Bridgeport is an 1101 converted from a 5pass cpe.(717). I restored that car but don't jock me too hard for the color. Not my choice as I didn't own it. It was a 'love or hate it' combination. I had suggested a very dark brown with a wheat colored chassis (still that I think) and neutral tan leather with burnt orange wheels and stripe. The top was originally leather covered and was 1 large hide. To get that again was a special order from Spain. Most of the wood in that car is original except the plywood panels. As I recall there was 1 corner post and the fluted finish pcs behind the fenders that were replaced/re-made. It was white oak and a hardwood wholesaler in Dearborn, MI (Patterson-Buck Hardwoods, sadly now gone) was very helpful in helping us size and commercially plane things to proper specs. It was a restoration that I mostly enjoyed and it got lots of ink and many 1st place awards. I always felt if the color was a tad more green than what was final picked it would've been much more pleasing to the eye.

Apparently it was quite fashionable to have a custom or high-end station wagon on the eastern shore towns that had yacht and sailing clubs. A crest was often used as ID in these clubs and were many times fixed to the cars to let fellow sailing and yachting friends know that they were out to sea. We did find evidence of some sort of panel attached to the back lower gate. Much of this is 2nd hand info I gathered during restoration but it made sense.

Posted on: 2009/6/26 11:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Dan

The wagon in the link belonged for many years to Neils Skog, founder (or one of the founders) of the Eastern Packard Club. The body was built by the New Haven Body Company for the original owner. He was a salesman for Harmon Kardon electronics. The body has many compartments for samples.
The car is easily identified as the door handles are vertically mounted.

Neils sold it to a prominent rock guitarist in Westchester County about 15 years ago. I suspect it has changed hands since.

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2009/6/27 10:30
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved