Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 216

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Manual Transmission - 1950 Deluxe 8
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day boydlcoomer,
to PackardInfo and glad you found an answer to your Packard problem using the search function.

And, as a "quid pro quo", I invite you to include your Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2017/8/9 17:03
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
Please advise how to edit the info on the owner's registry. Also, if you can tell me how to locate the interior code and paint code numbers for my Packard, I'll add it to the registry. Thanks.

Posted on: 2017/8/10 0:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Don,

My request was actually intended for boydlcoomer and his Packard.
So it's but you've already included your Packard in the Registry. See post #8 in this thread from a long, long time ago. You'll notice that after accessing the link your Forum Name in the entry is don's50pack with an apostrophe. At some stage, between then and now, you've obviously dropped the apostrophe. I don't know why, it's way beyond this technological Luddite's comprehension, but in doing so you cannot then make changes to your Registry entry. BigKev, no doubt, will have an explanation.

PS -I'm sending you a PM.

Posted on: 2017/8/10 0:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
.....can tell me how to locate the interior code and paint code numbers for my Packard...

Stamped in ink in the appropriate spaces on your patent (vehicle number) plate.

Also, if it still exists you'll find it on the final assembly build slip, a piece of tractor-fed teletype paper originally taped to the top of the glove box. If you do feel it still present above the glove box, remove it very carefully as the paper will be very fragile!

And if you do find it, do future owners of the car a favor and made a copy or otherwise record the information on a fresh piece of paper and return that to the original location above the glove box.

Attach file:

jpg  (72.36 KB)
177_598c56de9af43.jpg 768X708 px

Posted on: 2017/8/10 7:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, any inked info on the patent plate is gone. And the only readable info on the final assembly build slip is "2362 C 13614 OD", then possIbly "OB...". The remaining 80% of slip has turned black, obscuring any additional information. Is there any other way to determine the paint scheme and trim code numbers?

Posted on: 2017/8/11 1:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
In written materials like build slips, delivery tickets and the like, for many years going back to the mid-30s Packard inserted the paint scheme code between the two parts of the vehicle numbers. Thus your original paint scheme was "C" which if memory serves is Egyptian Sand metallic.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 7:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Any chance of using black light or shining a light at an angle to possibly read the other numbers? Perhaps the print head made impressions on the paper. At any rate OD was overdrive and OB is probably correct and was an oil bath air cleaner. The trim code is most likely at the end of the string of letters.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 8:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
For what it is worth, "Maybelle", my 1950 Packard Eight Touring Sedan still had its glove box documentation intact. Coincidently, it is painted in Egyptian Sand and has almost all of the striped cloth upholstery still there.

The documentation on my paper is still rather good, a bit water stained, but with some pencil and yellow crayon markings. It reads 2392-5 C 29403 OD HE 47.. Obviously, that's the model number for a touring sedan in the Twenty-third series, not a renumbered car, the vehicle number, the Egyptian Sand paint, Overdrive and I'll presume the type of heater. Don't know what the two dots mean. The handwritten pencil mark reads "904" which I presume was either a date or production line number. Nothing else is on my paper document.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 16:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
HE is the fresh air heater and defroster code used for the 23rd series and 47 is the trim code -- gray striped broadcloth. Not sure if the dots mean anything either.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 17:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
Thanks for the tip and the other responses. Between the black light and a really bright flashlight at an angle, I was able to make out all of the build slip info. It reads "2362 C 13614 OD OB WSW HE 69..". Along with the C, OD, OB, and HE already discussed, I'm guessing the WSW means white sidewall tires and 69 is the trim code for tan striped broadcloth - which is what my car has. Can anyone tell me what the 13614 stands for?

Posted on: 2017/8/14 22:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved