Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 205

humanpotatohybrid, Owen_Dyneto, Bob J, Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: 1936 Packard 12 Owner's Manual
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dave L
See User information
Saw your request in the Packard Forum.

I am looking for a '35 and '36 V-12 Manual. If you have either or both-would you be willing to copy them for me.
I will naturally pick-up any cost.

I too have been looking for these manuals for quite sometime. Hope you can help.

Best Wishes,

David Lee

Posted on: 2009/1/1 19:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Dave L wrote:.......I am looking for a '35 and '36 V-12 Manual........I too have been looking for these manuals........

G'day Dave,

Know it's but can you add your Packard/s to the Owner Registry together with pic/s, any known history and how it/they were acquired?

Posted on: 2009/1/1 22:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Walt Haskins
See User information
Dave:

The manual I have is a '37 Packard 12. I've been looking forever for a '36, and am beginning to wonder if they really printed one. I have a '38 Packard 12 manual I could email you now, don't have the '37 scanned in but I'll scan it in if you need it.

Let me know.

Walt

Posted on: 2009/1/7 18:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've begun to doubt that one was even printed. Anyone ever seen one?

Come on now Walt, do you think the company that printed an owner's manual for a middle-priced 120 wouldn't print one for one of the most expensive cars of the era?

A 1936 Twelve owner's manual sold on EBay a while back for a bit over $250. I have a friend with a 1936 Twelve that has an original, and the car to match; he paid in excess of $150 for it at a flea market. Of course it's not for sale but if you want a photocopy, send me a PM along with your mailing address.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:11
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Walt Haskins
See User information
I've been watching Ebay for 3 years trying to find a '36 manual for a 12, if one sold, I must have missed it. I've seen a '37 (which I bought) and a '35, but no '36. Of course I'd like a photocopy of a manual if you can get one.

I've now added to the registry as you requested 3 of my 4 Packards with anti-theft data, the '40 160 7 Passenger Closed Touring, being a Henney conversion, has no anti-theft number embossed on the firewall. I've added as much information as I could.

I'll add the '36 Twelve Limo when I get it back from Connecticut, Byron York has it now putting the engine back in it which was just rebuilt.

Posted on: 2009/1/9 13:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
the '40 160 7 Passenger Closed Touring, being a Henney conversion, has no anti-theft number embossed on the firewall

Walt, I find that comment extremely interesting and wonder if it's speculation or if you have some substantiation. If the latter, it could be useful in my upcoming article on the thief-proof numbers and would be pleased if you could share it with me.

The reason I find your comment so interesting is that 1940 was unique in that a not-insignificant number of standard factory-bodied cars had the diamond brackets but no thief-proof number in between, and of course Henney started with a standard factory body. Also I have seen one 1940 180 Henney that did have a thief-proof number. I've reached the rather tenuous conclusion that the absence of the TP numbers on some cars in 1940 was related to the packing and shipping of body manufacturing equipment to Briggs for the 1941 model year production. Just guessing.

Looking forward to your comments. PM me if you don't want to post here.

Posted on: 2009/1/9 14:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
WDHaskins wrote: I've now added to the registry as you requested 3 of my 4 Packards.........I'll add the '36 Twelve Limo when I get it back from Connecticut........

Sorry Walt,
Before reading this thread I thanked you on the other thread where you said you added 3 of your Packards and requested the '36 also be added.

Posted on: 2009/1/9 14:38
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Walt Haskins
See User information
I read somewhere, I don't recall where, that the Henneys had no such number. I can tell you that I looked long and hard, because you had a special interest in this, and it absolutely has no number or triangles, and that it is a Henney conversion, since the Henney s/n is under the carpet on the passenger front, and it's registered under that number using that as the VIN, rather than the Packard chassis number.

If you like, I'll take photos of the firewall and email them to you. We have the engine out now being rebuilt, so I can visualize the firewall perfectly and entirely.

Let me know.

Walt

Posted on: 2009/1/10 14:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sounds like a unique situation to me, photo not necessary but if you have time, I'd like it. I'll save these messages and see how they fit in with what info I get in the future. As I said, all the 40s I've seen (not that many) either Henney or not, either had the triangles and no TP#, or had the expected TP number enclosed by the brackets.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, maybe some day this will all fit together.

Haven't forgotten about your 1936 Twelve manual, expect to see the fellow who has it tomorrow and will ask him for a copy.

Dave

Posted on: 2009/1/10 14:22
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dave L
See User information
Would very much like to have a copy of the '36 V-12 Manual.
Please e-mail me at dvdlee92@gmail.com and we'll discuss the details. Any other '35 or '36 material?

Thanks,

Dave L

Posted on: 2009/1/12 16:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved