Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 216

Pack120c, Flybiker18, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: NEW PRODUCT - White Glove Collection - Cormorant, Swan, Pelican, Pidgeon - Whatever ...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Absolutely. Ernie in Arizonax

Posted on: 2023/2/23 13:09
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Re: NEW PRODUCT - White Glove Collection - Cormorant, Swan, Pelican, Pidgeon - Whatever ...
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I think an apology should be made. If you dont like the product than dont buy it. You dont respond this way to a restorer who charges you for restoring your car: you're only doing it for the money. See if Kanter or Max M give you stuff for free.

Posted on: 2023/2/23 15:01
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
I guess Mike's not man enough to apologize... I did receive a wonderful email from another gent on here and it's very much appreciated.

Stay tuned for more goodies I have in work. One of the big ones is a complete running board light that was made by Don Sommer. That's the next thing on my list.

Posted on: 2023/2/26 9:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Another item that is rare due to its silly method of assembly is the light switch knob on at least the '37 model 120. They made a record number of '37 cars that year and the 120 had about 50,000. If I did up a drawing would you be interested in re-creating it? I could see adding a small feature to allow wrench access to the escutcheon to so that assembly would not involve harming the decorative surfaces.
The knob and escutcheon could be turned brass from a screw machine with an acid etched "L" on the face and the rod is simple 3/16 steel with a threaded end to screw into the knob and the use of lock-tight type adhesive to keep the two as a unit. Chrome plating is also necessary.
Let me know if you are interested.
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/2/26 10:10
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Agreed with that, the escutcheon on those switches just get mangled. Because of design, there is no easy way to replace them.

My idea for this would be a three piece design. So the rod with the L bend in it, the escutcheon which threads through the dash as normal into the switch body. But, make the escutcheon solid like the post war ones, so its far sturdier. And then a new knob with a small set screw like the 51-54 knobs used. The end of of the rod could have a flat ground on one side for the set screw to seat. Then the knob could easily be removed and the other parts disassembled.

Everything on the switch body stays the same and is reused as is.

Posted on: 2023/2/26 10:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Quote:

Bob J wrote:
Another item that is rare due to its silly method of assembly is the light switch knob on at least the '37 model 120. They made a record number of '37 cars that year and the 120 had about 50,000. If I did up a drawing would you be interested in re-creating it? I could see adding a small feature to allow wrench access to the escutcheon to so that assembly would not involve harming the decorative surfaces.
The knob and escutcheon could be turned brass from a screw machine with an acid etched "L" on the face and the rod is simple 3/16 steel with a threaded end to screw into the knob and the use of lock-tight type adhesive to keep the two as a unit. Chrome plating is also necessary.
Let me know if you are interested.
Bob J.

Absolutely. I mentioned in a previous post that I am proficient in 3d cad (I design rockets for Blue Origin during the day...) and if you can send me a napkin sketch I can turn it into a cad model and get some manufacturing prices.

Feel free to email me at sales@whiteglovecollection.com

Happy to help. That's why we're all here.

Posted on: 2023/2/26 13:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I read this thread and though I initially thought I should just 'let it go', I could not. I am a businessman like many of us on P.I. and it doesn't even take a second glance to know that Crin is not making a ton of money on these reproductions. The low-volume demand vs. the high cost of tooling and production probably make for a break even at best on some parts. But to have someone on this site care enough to engage and provide these rare and in many cases, obsolete items, should be treated and regarded with gratitude and respect. I apologize to Crin that he was assailed for his efforts, on this site and would like to issue my thanks for his endeavours. Hat's off. Chris.

Posted on: 2023/2/26 18:43
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
I agree with Chris...completely...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2023/2/26 23:22
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved