Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

Packwagon, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Caribbean 1955 Anyone know this car?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hutmo
See User information

Ellingson motors has a tri color convertible for sale. Anyone know anything about this car?

https://www.ellingsonmotorcars.com/inventory/915/1955-packard-caribbean-convertible

Can you take a look at the undercarriage images? Thoughts? I do not know these cars but I really think this thing is good looking.

No need to discuss pricing, just wondering how correct this vehicle is.

Thanks
Chris

Posted on: 2023/7/12 18:34
 Top  Print   

Re: Caribbean 1955 Anyone know this car?
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Looks pretty good to me. Chassis/drivetrain paint and trunk upholstery I am not sure on... you shouldn't be able to see the back of the rear seat. Some noticeable wear on the driver door, one exhaust pipe is longer than the other, and the top looks uneven from storage, are the only other things I noticed.

Posted on: 2023/7/12 23:42
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
There is some odd bracketry and a reinforcement bolted on around the leveler mechanism. Can not imagine why. So make sure that the leveler is working properly. It seems it is as the car is nice and level in the photos and that is often not the case.

I really like the fact that the leather has sheen, as it should.

Posted on: 2023/7/13 6:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
"odometer reads" means nothing.

The car looks good, but shows evidence of a superficial refurbishment. The undercar areas appear to have been treated to a spray can restoration. None of this condemns the car, but before I paid big $ for it, I'd want a licensed inspector to look at it, drive it, and create a full, documented report on its condition. If the seller objects to a thorough inspection by a licensed professional, that's a big red flag.

Posted on: 2023/7/13 8:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
PS: That's probably Zircon Blue. (?)

Posted on: 2023/7/13 8:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Hutmo wrote:

Ellingson motors has a tri color convertible for sale. Anyone know anything about this car?

https://www.ellingsonmotorcars.com/inventory/915/1955-packard-caribbean-convertible

Can you take a look at the undercarriage images? Thoughts? I do not know these cars but I really think this thing is good looking.

No need to discuss pricing, just wondering how correct this vehicle is.

Thanks
Chris

Ross has already pointed out the minor strangeness underneath.

Inside, the lower cushion seat bolsters are too flat and should be much puffier.

Nice to see reflective red Scotchlite hexagons on the wire wheel center covers –as they came from the this way from the factory. Repop covers are painted red..

However the glaring item I see (that no one seems to have noticed) is the Cadillac Eldorado batwing air cleaner. For those who might argue, there it is! Sitting right there on top of the carburetors.

As I told someone who doubted me at the recent PAC National Meet... Cadillac Eldorado batwings will drop right onto a Packard Caribbean engine. Just turn them backwards. SOME Cadillac batwings have larger hanging pots than Caribbeans and can hit the rocker covers. Otherwise everything fits.

Dead giveaway clues are that this car has a Cadillac air cleaner. The chrome drawer-pull knobs holding the pots (Caribbeans used special wing nuts) and the diecast chrome "V" symbol on top of the housing. Cadillac stuff, not Packard.

Posted on: 2023/7/13 10:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
The lower blue looks way too light. I think they picked the wrong color.

Posted on: 2023/7/13 20:13
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
In addition to what has already been said.

It is missing the 2 baffles on the engine, by the fuel filter, and the valley pan.

A lot of overspray on the engine too.

The spare tire well looks like it has some repair patching visible.
So check for any other rust repair.

The right front fender has paint drip visible?

It is a nice looking car, but should be looked over in person.

Posted on: 2023/7/13 23:12
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hutmo
See User information
Thank you for the feedback.

Chris

Posted on: 2023/7/14 14:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved