Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

jgrohn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 476 477 478 (479) 480 481 482 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Interestingly, the 1947 Custom Super Clipper Sedan has been fitted with power steering (along with disc brakes).

Are there available p/s "kits" for Packards?

Posted on: 12/2 18:29
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

William Grosz
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
Interestingly, the 1947 Custom Super Clipper Sedan has been fitted with power steering (along with disc brakes).

Are there available p/s "kits" for Packards?

Either it has power steering from a later packard or maybe this kit
EPAS power steering

Posted on: 12/2 22:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The two Henney-Packard bodies have been online for a while with the darker one being a 1941 or 1942 but I am not sure about the lighter color one. I believe it is 1939 but certainly not newer and it is not older than 1938 either due to the v-windshield.

Posted on: 12/3 0:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Just listed on FB Marketplace: 1929 633 Club sedan. Looks like an old 1960's restoration. Car is badly deteriorated from what must be years of outdoor storage. It really needs to be rescued by someone. Such a shame that it was allowed to get to this state. Edison, NJ:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/371172328682857/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A652d503c-df21-4af8-8789-237a54711d40

1956 Patrician. Has been off the road and in storage since 1961. Transmission was replaced years ago with one from a Lincoln. Not running. Rust in usual places. Front fenders are bad. Interior actually looks pretty decent. Ad states 68K original miles. Pittsburg, PA area:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1388660428728101/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A652d503c-df21-4af8-8789-237a54711d40

1942 Clipper Club Sedan. Just the body shell itself. Posting because of the rarity. And it is cheap at $700. Ohio:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/860897912240891/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A652d503c-df21-4af8-8789-237a54711d40

Posted on: 12/4 8:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Looks like the '29 is pending, and finally, a '42 coupe in worse condition than mine!!!

Posted on: 12/4 12:48
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
The 29 633 is very interesting as it has the side mounted water pump. I understand that the early 633's used the same engine bay as the 526/33 and the side mounted water pump allowed the fitment of the 320 eight in place of the 289 six. I may be incorrect, what does David M think, is this correct?

Posted on: 12/4 15:41
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
The dash ashtray repro on the '42 is half the price of that car. My son already says I'm having a midlife crisis averaging 1.5 Packards bought per year (1 of 3 running) so I guess it's good that I am not on Facebook and it's not close.

Posted on: 12/4 21:23
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

29- 640 Club Sedan
See User information
The small Eights in the two small wheelbased cars 626/633 used the side-low mounted water pumps. The two larger cars 640/645 with the bigger "super eights" had the front mounted mounted water pumps.

Posted on: 12/5 0:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Agreed, but the 4th/5th Series 6 was a truncated 385 motor with six cylinders of the 8 cyl 385... same rods, pistons, rings, valves bearings, etc. I have a few 626 motors with side mounted pumps in the shed. I shall take a look and measure up. Also later production Sixth Series motors used a larger engine compartment and front mounted water pump.

Posted on: 12/5 1:59
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
1937 115C Touring Sedan. I want to find someone willing to save this car because it was originally sold by the John J. Scanlon Packard agency of Meriden, Connecticut, which was my hometown growing up. I contacted the seller and the car was purchased by his late father in the early 1950's. The engine developed a rod knock, but a new short block was obtained, but was never put in the car. The car spent many years in barn storage, and unfortunately, critters got into it and did a lot of damage to the interior. Asking price is $3,900. The car is currently locate in Indiana.

I once did some research on John J. Scanlon and he was an interesting individual. A prominent community leader during his lifetime, he was active in local politics and in a number of civic organizations in the Meriden area. He also served as Meriden's postmaster for a number of years. The post office was located only about a block from the dealership, so apparently, he was able to handle both positions with relative ease. Scanlon gave up his Packard franchise in 1953 and became a Chrysler-Plymouth dealer. He passed away in 1956. At some point, the Chrysler dealership was moved to a new location on Broad Street in Meriden, later becoming Roberts Chrysler-Plymouth after Scanlon's death. The former Packard dealership site, located in Downtown Meriden on Mill Street, subsequently became a Chevrolet dealership (Harte Chevrolet). After Harte Chevrolet also moved to a new location in 1964, the old Packard buildings were demolished as part of a city redevelopment project. Today, the site is occupied by a city park.

Here is a link to the ad for the car:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/663219742543363

I realize it is very rough, but this parts car from New Hampshire might be of help in case anyone is interested. A new short block goes with the Indiana car, and this alone should be worth something. I think you should be able to make one good car from this and you would be saving a piece of Meriden, Connecticut history:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/902056000906661/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Abd6c0573-105b-429a-92dd-29caddd78486

Posted on: 12/5 11:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 476 477 478 (479) 480 481 482 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved