Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 237

Ross, happy, John Iaccino, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard's 125th Anniversary Year
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm curious if any of the clubs, museums, Proving Grounds, etc, are planning anything for the Packard's 125th Anniversary? I am sure it would not be the same as the Centennial in 1999, but the Quasquicentennial is still a milestone.

Posted on: 1/9 10:13
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Packard's 125th Anniversary Year
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It may be something that the PAC National in Wisconsin may want to highlight as part of their festivities this summer. Twenty-five years is a long time to wait until the next milestone!

Posted on: 1/9 12:17
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
That's of the founding. We've passed the double point, they've been de'funk't more years than they were in a business! I don't think it matters now?
Just reminds me how old I'm getting, ie, the relic I'm becoming...Oh no, not another one without my project finished. Like the recent lost moon shot, after 50+ years they couldn't do it again? Someone lose the notes or what? No app for that? It's still on TV so someone messed up big time. But some OH(the homeland) guy is going to try to make Ps? Maybe he'll have better luck, longer success.

Posted on: 1/9 16:12
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 100th anniversary in 1999 in Warren was the largest gathering of Packard owners and vehicles.

Posted on: 1/9 17:16
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Fish'n Jim wrote:
That's of the founding. We've passed the double point, they've been de'funk't more years than they were in a business! I don't think it matters now?

I think most of us feel that, if we didn't care about the accomplishments of the company (i.e. our cars), what would we even be doing here? Aside from the small % who appreciate their cars mostly just from sentimental value, the rest of us like them because they're, well, Packards! I don't see why the company's founding would be an anniversary not worth noting.

Posted on: 1/9 18:16
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
We all know Stanley landed the first people on the moon.

Every quarter seems appropriate to me…

Posted on: 1/9 23:55
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
The Pebble Beach Concours on August 18th will celebrate the 125th Anniversary of the first Packard, with a focus on the early cars and the 1930 Speedsters.

Posted on: 1/10 17:16
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Friends

I was going to write something in the thread about the value of club dues, but this covers the same ground .

I was President of the late lamented Eastern Packard Club during the run up to the Packard Centennial , and then again two years after. The City of Warren was planning a centennial celebration in conjunction with the opening of the museum. About two years before the date, upon inquiry , it became apparent the city fathers might need a lot of direction and help.

George Hamlin, of the PAC took the reins .He sent letters out for help. People stood up. I was on the distribution list of the bulletins he sent out about the progress . I wish now that I had saved them. It was a lot of work with the attendant frustration.

The intent was to invite all Packard organizations to have concurrent meets during the week. The EPC ran two tents of speakers on Monday, and organized the final dinner. These was actually entirely organized by the late Melva Macentee, who should remembered for heroic efforts, especially when a banquet tent as blown over during the meal.

As these things happen, the good intentions and hard work of the PAC was interpreted by some as keeping other organizations out. This caused me to be involved in a few surreal episodes.

The older clubs like the PAC, and CCCA for example, get a lot of guidance from what my father called "curbstone senators". This also applies to some of our legacy vendors. These people kept the cars alive for us long ago when they were worthless and candidates for recycling . They also planned a lot of large events. They deserve our thanks and support .

For various reasons endeavors these things are happening less often. The clubs and vendors depend on us to keep them going. Moreover, one can make lifelong friends.

Best Wishes for the New Year

John Harley

Posted on: 1/10 21:34
 Top  Print   
Like (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved