Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 25 »

Re: 1937 120 Conv. Sedan - Blanche
Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Perfect!! Thanks alll!! You’re the best.

Posted on: 1/27 19:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
I continue to see Anti-Freeze in my drip pan. Since replacing the water pump, the drips are not coming from there, but rather, I suspect from on top.
Is there a gasket that may need to be replaced where the has from the radiator is attached to the block. (Red arrow).

You can see it is wet, and probably what has caused the paint to deteriorate over the years?

I checked an there is no leakage from the hose.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2/5 9:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Yes there is a gasket there. Probably some pitting on the metal as well to contribute to the leaking.

Posted on: 2/5 10:16
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I would use a fresh cork/rubber composite gasket with a bit of gasket dressing which should help seal any irregular surfaces.

Posted on: 2/5 11:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Got it. Thanks for the direction!!

Posted on: 2/5 12:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I had a lot of trouble with leaks there on my 1954 Patrician due to corrosion on the aluminum head. It had been repaired decades ago but then returned somewhat after the car sat for a long, long time. I replaced the gasket several times using good sealer but it wasn’t until I switched to a cork gasket that it stopped leaking.

Posted on: 2/5 16:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
VERY common seepage point. Simple careful clean/prep/good gasket/sealer will fix.

Posted on: 2/5 23:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
I was able to get Blanche back home after a long winters nap. Happy to say all the great winterization tips worked very well. After reinstalling the battery she fired up on the first try!!!

1 item I am going to tackle is installing a new harness. I have been reading up on the documents and instructions from YnZ. I think I have a good grasp on all but 1 item.

In the picture on the left is the Voltage regulator. I am not sure what is on the left? It has 2 fuses and the one wire goes to the Starter but I can not track the others as they get buried in the harness wrap.

Thoughts appreciated!

Posted on: 3/10 11:16
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Electromotive Clutch?

Posted on: 3/10 12:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
OD was not available until 39 and EC was not available until 41. Relays for both those items are very different.

I see 5 wires in total with 3 appearing to be heavier than the other 2. A possibility is an early version of a relay fed sealed beam headlight modification if the car no longer has the stock multi combination city-county-pass lights. If it was converted to sealed beam you might see if you can find any sign of the wires going toward the headlights or a terminal block.

If it is lights, they might be getting power from the BAT terminal on starter solenoid and thru 2 fuses feeding Lo and Hi beam filaments. Off/on would still be controlled by the regular headlight switch powering the dimmer switch. The two smaller wires could be coming off that switch to turn the relays controlling the filaments on or off.

Posted on: 3/10 12:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved