Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 225

JD in KC, acolds, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 25 »

Re: 1937 120 Conv. Sedan - Blanche
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Doesn't Metro just buy from Steele?

Posted on: 4/11 10:49
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Maybe on some of their parts, but for sure notthe Running Board Pads, as Metro's have the back side shaped like the boards with the grooves. Steel is flat. They may purchase them from another maker?
Quote:

humanpotatohybrid wrote:

Posted on: 4/11 10:58
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have a set of new Metro 37 120 running board mats sitting here, so I can send you pics if you want to see what they look like.

They also make 115-C ones as well. I have those ordered, but they are backordered until July. Once I get those, then I'll sell the 120 ones off. But keeping ahold of these as a backup in the event they can't deliver the 115-C ones. Generally folks had to cut the down the 120 ones to fit the 115 boards.

Posted on: 4/11 12:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Thanks BK. That’s all I needed. The fact you are ordering from them is good enough of an endorsement for me. Mine are on order and on there way!

Posted on: 4/11 13:22
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just to close the circle on this for future reference, here is what the Metro '37 120 running board covers look like. A separate piece also goes at the rear up against the fender (not pictured). These still have the white mold release on them, but note the hollow reliefs on the underside in the second picture. This important feature is what is missing from the Steele ones.

Topside:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Bottom Side:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 4/11 14:22
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:

As far as I know, they make their own products although I’ve not used them since they ‘60 so not sure if that’s true today. At that time, some pieces fit perfectly (cowl vent seal, gas filler grommet) but others like the trunk handle seal were way off for my 1940.

Posted on: 4/11 14:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Today I got the taillights headlights and turn signals wired.

Tail Brake and Headlights work. Still working on the turn signals.

With the sealed beams, I guess the Park lights up front are hidden until I add as fog lights or something?

Gas tank is next so I can start her up.

Posted on: 4/12 19:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
With the sealed beams, I guess the Park lights up front are hidden until I add as fog lights or something?

If this is the car where the original parking light bulb and location inside the enclosure was converted to accommodate turn signals I am curious how those bulbs are able to be seen or how mounting was done and still let you have a sealed beam conversion. Are your sealed beams the original type 7" diameter bulb used in that era which fills the entire surface of the housing?

Posted on: 4/12 19:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Howard,
When turn signals were installed originally, they added lights on the front, so they did not use the parking lights. The lights do fill the entire opening of the housing. I am not sure if the are the original type or not? The park lights are mounted inside and behind the sealed beams. Kind of tucked away, and not to be used. I've seen nice add-ons where they put turn signals mounted to the side of the headlights. If I am ever in a position to do an add on and bring the Park lights visible, the wires and sockets are there for use.

Posted on: 4/13 7:20
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The originals are something like ~7-1/2" reflectors with a both a centralized dual filament incandescent headlight bulb and a an offset small little parking light.

That's the issue with using sealed bulbs is that they don't quite fit the housing and if you do use them, then you lose the little parking light.

In my project blog there is a picture of my reflectors which are altered to accept a H4 bulb and a parking/turn signal bulb.

Posted on: 4/13 7:43
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved