Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 99

TxGoat, West Peterson, Don B, tsherry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: New Pictures of my Patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
HH56: Thanks for the detailed description of earlier A/C units! That pretty much hits it for Packard A/C. If we ever need an authority on such things, I guess we'll see you pop in.

Craig

Posted on: 2009/7/16 17:18
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
at the risk of hijacking the thread, on the comment of needing to go to 12V to install AC - remember than Packard offered AC as a factory option on 6V cars. The only electical part in the system was the fan motor.

I would like my a/c to operate off of a switch instead of having to remove the belt when it gets cooler and I want to shut it off.

That, and the fact that it would cost 10 times more to find all the original stuff, have it rebuilt, then installed in the car than if I were to use a modern, more efficient compressor and do it all myself.

In this day and age, I figured people would have learned their lessons on excessive spending and the need to be economical, I guess not.

Posted on: 2009/7/16 18:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Morgan: They sure are some really nice pictures of your car. I must say that I have never really cared for the color combination of black and white, but that color combination looks sharp on your car.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/16 20:53
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
great info on the temp control approaches.

note my original point was that 12V is not a magic requirement in choosing a modern retrofit - I didn't expect you to use a prewar unit. But if you find one, i'm sure several people here, self included , are interested.

The cost/convenience argument really doesn't hold too much water if we're talking about restoring Packards, does it? Rods, tri-chevy's, etc cater to that much better. We're all a bit nuts to do what we do (in the good sense)

Posted on: 2009/7/17 8:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The cost/convenience factor holds water to me because I refuse to pay an outlandish sum of money for something that needs another outlandish sum of money to get it to work correctly.

And for the record, I've never been accused of being a "restorer". I'm the least bit worried if I don't have the correct screw holding something on my car, let alone if it's 12V and can stop on a dime. Safety first, then comfort and convenience second. As long as it LOOKS original, that's all I care about. I do have an aversion about putting another make engine in a Packard, so I guess I'm a little like the "restorers".

Nobody's car is 100% authentic anymore, EVERYONE'S car has some "aftermarket" parts in it, therefore isn't original anymore. The only 100% Packard cars left are those who haven't been restored yet, and even those will be very likely to have something on them that isn't correct. Original Packard air in the tires? No, I think not. Original Packard oil in the crankcase? No, I think not. Original Packard gas in the tank? No, I think not. Original Packard antifreeze in the cooling system? No, I think not.

Unless your car has all of these, you cannot claim to have an original car, and therefore should get off my a$$ about what I do with mine.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 13:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
This is what she looked like.

Attach file:

jpg  (47.72 KB)
1057_4a628d9d4c74f.jpg 702X482 px

Posted on: 2009/7/18 22:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
What a transformation! you're to be commended and congratulated for the work put into your Pat and the fabulous outcome. It certainly looks great now, congratulations!

Posted on: 2009/7/19 1:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Morgan,

Congratulations, on seeing your beautiful Patrician trapped under all those years of neglect.
Amazing!!!

DanL

Posted on: 2009/7/19 6:06
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Please don't give me credit for everything, just wanted all to see what she looked like way back when.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 6:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hi, there are some photos of am air conditioned '55 Packard 400 on the Car Shows Photos section from the AACA Texas Tour event. Hope they are useful.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 19:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved