Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 195

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

America's Packard Museum
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I will now display my ignorance and ask what is this?

The home page is dated, no information on events past winter 2009, and no listing of automobiles on display. It says it is the home of PAC. I'm sure I was out getting popcorn when this was being played. Anyone been there? What are your impressions?

www.americaspackardmuseum.org is the place to go.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 16:59
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: America's Packard Museum
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

West Peterson is probably best placed to answer your question, he is closely involved with the museum.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 18:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I'm fairly close to the museum, but not very involved. It's a very nice museum in one of Packard's original buildings in downtown Dayton. There isn't anyone paid to search for parts, which are located on the second floor. Volunteers like me sometimes go there to help find for those in need.
There are two buildings, filled with many, many Packards. It's worth a visit if you're in the area. Check hours that they open before heading out.
There are some very significant cars in the collection, including the original Grey Wolf (original being used loosely), at least three Darrins, 1941 LeBaron sport sedan, a 1930 734 Speedster, the original prototype speedster (1928-29), etc. Several WWII engines of all sizes. Quite a few postwar cars as well.
Too many for me to remember and list.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 19:44
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
West, thanks for the information. This seems to be a little known facility. I learned about it from a friend who is going to be in the Dayton area in September and was looking at what was available to see and visit. He knows I am a Packard affectianato and forwarded the URL to me. I would visit the museum if I were in Dayton for nothing more than to satisfy my curiosity. It says in the website that this is the home of the PAC, but there is no reference to the museum in their website. Curious . . . or maybe the whole thing is just to confusing to me. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 21:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I will now display my ignorance and ask what is this?

The home page is dated, no information on events past winter 2009, and no listing of automobiles on display. It says it is the home of PAC. I'm sure I was out getting popcorn when this was being played. Anyone been there? What are your impressions?

www.americaspackardmuseum.org is the place to go.

Thanks.

What do you want to know? They bought my '56 Patrician from me in February of 2008, didn't come and pick it up until December 2008, still haven't picked up the parts car that was supposed to go with it, and brought me the spare engine that was supposed to be part of the deal. He ignores phone calls, rarely answers emails, and generally is extremely hard to get ahold of. If I had known what I know now I would not have sold my car to them. Safe to say I'm not too pleased with them in the least.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 21:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"... still haven't picked up the parts car that was supposed to go with it, and brought me the spare engine that was supposed to be part of the deal..."

i can't tell from that if u actualy got the engine or not. Got your money for the car????
If so then i'm not sure what the problem is.

Usualy when i sell something to strangers long distance i give 3 months for the buyer to come and pick it up AS LONG AS i have my money in my hand within a week or 10 days. Actualy, i'll let the merch set alot longer than that under most conditions. But i reserve the rite to make NO obligation after 3 months and i don't give refunds.

But then again, i have a total of 10 acres here so space and shit eating neighbors that like to complain about clutterd landscape is not a major problem here. I forgot about that.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 22:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Money yes, engine no. I'm still waiting on a 359 from them that I'll probably never see. I can guarantee you this, they won't get the parts car until I have the engine in my garage.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 22:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
oh. ok. Yeah that's the problem with long distance deals. 90% of my long distance deals go pretty well.
I sold a 37 F axle on eBay. Buyer said he'd need at least a week to get here. I said no problem. He said USPO MO on it's way the next day. BUT, he shows up early 3rd day before MO gets here. Of course an argument insued. I told him to pay me in cash and i'll send MO back. BLAH-blah-blah.

Bottom line is that he left with NO axle and the MO never came.

Similar problem occurred last year on a Packard V8 engine about 60 miles from here. I was the BUYER. eBay sellers shyster father caused problems. He was a retired car dealer. I swear i can smell one of those bastards in the middle of Times Square on New Years Eve. I'll check back over there in a month or two with the son. He seemed ok.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 22:43
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What about that eBay Escrow feature???? Probably wouldn't have worked in Erics case???

Posted on: 2009/7/23 23:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
JW
Tell your friend NOT TO MISS the Air Force Museum, and that he should count on spending pretty much a whole day in there if he likes old airplanes. This is the absolute best plane museum in the country.
If you call the Packard museum, talk with Donna or Rachael, as Eric is right, Bob Signom is hard to get on the phone.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 6:44
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved