Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 223

Billh40, todd landis, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packards on TV
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Roman
See User information
I hope the group doesn't mind that I posted this...but I just saw an episode of 'Classic Car Restoration' that featured a 1938 Packard 120 Coupe! VERY good episode. It first aired back in 2004, but I caught this on DVR. In this episode, they shows how to clean the original wool upholstery, make and install fender skirts, and how to pinstripe! I always wanted to know how that was done! They also give some history of the Packard plant and show a couple rare factory photos. Check it out if you can!

The next episode will show the completion of the restoration of the 120 and they will also talk about the Packard Proving Grounds!!!!! NEAT!!!

Roman

Posted on: 2009/8/29 10:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards on TV
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Roman
See User information
I forgot to mention, its on DIY Network (which I think stands for 'Do It Yourself' Network)...here in Chicago, its channel 230 here in Chicago on DirectTV.

Posted on: 2009/8/29 10:44
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
The other week my wife got a copy of the film, "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood" (a REAL chick flick). Onne scene hade a 1940 180 limo (best scene in the picture).

Posted on: 2009/8/29 11:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I saw that episode too. The DIY network is re-running their old shows showing auto restoration projects. The Packard series is really a good one as Mark Lambert(?) shows many "tricks of the trade" in his restoration project. I wished I would have known this was being re-run so as to watch all the episodes again.

Posted on: 2009/8/29 12:23
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I watched that Packard series on the DIY network back in 2004 and that it what got me interested in looking for a Packard originally. I guess you could say that was the big-bang moment in my Packard life. I actually meet Mark Lambert at a PI National Meet a few years ago. Very nice guy.

Posted on: 2009/8/29 12:45
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I don't know how, but I came across this website a while ago. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it before. It is a list of cars in movies.http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Packard.html

Posted on: 2009/8/29 16:22
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Roman
See User information
I've seen that site...and its really interesting. I like the 'star' system they have as far as the frequency the car was shown in the movie/show.

Posted on: 2009/9/2 15:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
I watched that Packard series on the DIY network back in 2004 and that it what got me interested in looking for a Packard originally. I guess you could say that was the big-bang moment in my Packard life. I actually meet Mark Lambert at a PI National Meet a few years ago. Very nice guy.

I believe I was at the same meet. I kept looking at this guy and kept thinking he looked familiar. Then it hit me. He did say it took a lot of taping to come up with the final material.

Then I saw another guy who look familiar. Then it hit me. It was the guy who spent over $100K for a 115 Convertible at BJ.

Posted on: 2009/9/2 22:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim Kavanagh
See User information
I have most of this most recent series on my DVR. I think I missed the first one. I didn't actually know about the series but had the DVR set to record "Classic Car Restoration", so it picked it up automatically. I didn't know the series was even still being aired.
DIY was not apparently support it any longer as you can not access any additional information on their site. Really too back because it is virtually free to keep the sub-URL active and they are again airing the episodes.
There does not appear to be any way to order them on DVD either. And, unfortunately, there is not a way to record from my DVR to a tape, the signal appears to be scrambled to p[revent this.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 10:42
1941 Touring Sedan
1952 250 Convertible
1932 902 Rumble seat Coupe

Who is John Galt?
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm not aware of it's scheduled airing times, but the made-for-PBS (I think) film PACKARD An American Classic Car, by Richard W. Luckin and hosted by Ed Hermann was available at the Warren show this summer.

It's about 57 minutes and the DVD includes about 20 more minutes of out-takes, much of them with Ralph Marano. For the general viewing audience it will provide a good and flattering picture of the company and its products; for those of us steeped in Packardmania, we'll occasionally find outselves twitching our noses, but then again we weren't the target audience. Some of the owners interviewed might have collected their thoughts a bit better before the camera rolled, but regardless it's a nicely made and enjoyable film and worth viewing and perhaps worth owning.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 11:51
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved