Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 6
Guests: 191

Pack120c, Leeedy, Charles, Don B, Todd W. White, RKS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: distributor gasket
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I recently purchased a 9-piece gasket punch set from Harbor Freight - 3/32" to 1/2". Their Pittsburgh brand made in China. Good enough for my infrequent use.

Posted on: 2009/12/4 11:41
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Dial 1-800-USE-ENCO. They'll send u a cataloug for free or used to. Enco has a lot more than Harbour Freight. Enco's quality level of tools and other products ranges from a kind of down scale Craftsman quality level all the way up to LS Starrett, Slocumb and Makita etc. Prices are good too.

2wo HF stores here in the area. I visit them about twice a year as just curiosity but never buy directly from HF. What few HF tools i have are mostly eBay or garage sale finds.

When i get serious about something i usualy order from Enco.

Posted on: 2009/12/4 11:52
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
Thanks everyone for your input.

Posted on: 2009/12/4 21:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
JW, I found a hobbytown in newport news, va. I bought a "circle cutter" for $7.00. It has a cutting blade and you can also change from the blade to a piece of lead (just a piece of lead,not a pencil)it lays flat on the piece to be cut and has adjustable sliding scale for setting the radius of the cut. Is that what you bought also? I looked everywhere in the store for a compass with a blade but finally got a clerk between sales and I asked for a compass with a cutting blade he said they didn't have one. But after more questions, another clerk said they had a circle cutter (the one I bought) but they didn't keep them on the shelves in the open aisles, but behind the counter in the back. When I asked why they weren't kept where customers could find them and look at them, the first clerk said "they are not a big selling item", my reply was, "I wonder why? In any event, it is a very nice store and have pretty good prices. The tool I bought looks pretty good for very little money. Heck, you get 6 extra blades and 2 pieces of lead.

Posted on: 2009/12/10 19:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Is this what you found?

I've had this for a long time and don't remember where I got it but it is very handy for cutting gaskets.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.11 KB)
1137_4b219fd6c3689.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (48.11 KB)
1137_4b219ff214e50.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/12/10 20:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Bowman & BdeB, yes that is the one I bought. Works great. Mal and Wade are you watching?

Posted on: 2009/12/11 11:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
JW wrote:.....Mal and Wade are you watching?

Yes!

Posted on: 2009/12/11 14:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
BDeB, Yes that looks to be the exact same thing I purchased.
I think it will be very useful. I had a similar tool that was part of a complete gasket cutting set that I purchased when I was a apprenticing inst. tech. But after many years of occasional use it went into hiding and I have not seen it since, nor have I found another like it.

Posted on: 2009/12/11 19:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved