Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
188 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 183

DM37, TxGoat, Todd W. White, Joe Krzan, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: The $10 You Should Spend
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Sad to see John go. He contributed to the site regularly and was quite the character. I find it ridiculous that he would leave and think a man of his age should have thicker skin. Please reconsider John.

I am seeing a trend of the same person always being involved in all the people abandoning the site. First Turbopackman, and now Packard53.

At first I thought it was the purist vs. Modified camps, but I think it is more than that. Some posters around here seem to think that just because they have been involved in Packards since before the company closed the doors that they are the be all, end all of opinion regarding Packards.

The way I see it, there is no such thing as a Packard expert, and anyone who thinks they are is a sadly mistaken. People might have more knowledge, more experience, and been in a club forever, but that does not equate to their opinions being bulletproof. There is always more to learn, even among those who have been involved in Packards forever.

PackardInfo has always been about the cars, not the ego's of the sacred cows of Packardom.

With this I leave this posting with the wisdom from The Godfather:

Clemenza: "These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood."

Posted on: 2010/3/19 11:05

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

portlandon wrote:

I am seeing a trend of the same person always being involved in all the people abandoning the site. First Turbopackman, and now Packard53.

I must surely be missing something in this comment? Two valued members have left for whatever reason and entirely of their own choosing. Dave C. is the person you are obviously alluding to. I wish someone would show me a single post written by Dave that is anything but polite and gentlemanly. NEVER have I read any comment that was offensive, patronizing or pedantic or one that would lead me to abandon what is the best and most informative website devoted to Packard cars.
I am sorry to see John go also since he is very knowledgeable and shares his interest in history. I hope he will reconsider also as I enjoy his posts and have learned a good deal that I otherwise would not have known. I wish we could just conduct ourselves like gentlemen/women and share what we know without all of this childish prattle before more members throw in the towel.
If we lose Dave C. (and personally I wouldn't blame him) then we might as well shut the place down.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Dave C., you underestimate your performance as Moderator at the PAC Forum. Your performance has been outstanding. Packard 53, hope you stick around. Presenting your point of view adds to this site. We should all be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Ken

Posted on: 2010/3/19 12:00
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Couldn't agree more and Clipper47's post #13 says it well.

For whatever reason, people choose to leave and for whatever reason, it is their own. I can't recall a single post that would lead me to believe someone else has been directly responsible--either on this forum or on another where an individual chose to leave.

There may be those I disagree with and those that disagree with me but we are all entitled to an opinion. As long as it is presented diplomatically, then so be it. If it's not, Big Kev has made a suggestion or two and if that doesn't or didn't take, has the ability to correct or eliminate...and there is always the option that one can also choose to not read or respond to a post.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 12:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Too formal???

Posted on: 2010/3/19 12:15
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
I hope you feel better and come back refreshed in a few months. We all need to take a break once in a while.

So it's See you later not Goodbye,

Adios Amigo.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Something is definitely out of order, first Eric and new John guess I have to update the ZIM,Volga,Pobeda topic alone in the future. Your contribution in these matters has been a great help to me and anyone els who loves these cars. Thank you John.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 14:43
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
Have been reading the posts on this subject with an open mind. First, let me say I am on this site daily, but do not post much as I do not feel as knowledgable as many others.

This is supposed to be an organ for interchange of Packard lovers. Most of the time it is just that.

I noticed some time ago, that Packard 53 was critical of certain PAC members. The two in particular that he took aim on are dedicated,knowledgable,kind people who I know for a fact, have helped out many,many Packard people. O-D/Dave C.. and Stuart B.

I do not know what Packard 53's problem is (maybe getting old and crochity) but this site is to help one another in Packardland. NOT for personal vendettes.

To O_D....you are and have been doing a fantastic job both on the PAC forums and on Packard Info forums.

Do not let one disgrunteld person stop you from continuing your most appreciated comments. Most of us look forward to your posts.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
...or as my psychologist daughter would say: "You can't blame someone else for your actions."

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/3/19 18:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Remember, the only kid that's alone and unhappy after a playground argument is the one who storms off in a huff. The rest of us just go back to playing.

This is a great resource for both the experienced hobbyist and the novice. Let's all be grown-ups and keep it that way.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 20:31

« 1 (2) 3 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved