Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1946-47 Clipper Fender skirts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Caribbean
See User information
anyone with any experience on the fender skirts sold by Agape Auto or the new ones currently listed on ebay? which are better? any problems with either? thanks!

Posted on: 2009/11/23 1:03
 Top  Print   

Re: 1946-47 Clipper Fender skirts
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I have not purchased either the ones from Agape will require priming which is not a big deal. They indicate about 15 min to install.

Posted on: 2009/11/23 18:16
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

vieillebouette
See User information
i am looking for the vacuum routing regarding my choke pull off see picture #1. And vacuum routing for this switch under the dash board picture # 2

Attach file:

pdf Size: 170.92 KB; Hits: 47

jpg  (111.39 KB)
1788_4c1b971b5ae3f.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/6/18 10:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That is the valve for the optional vacuum antenna. The hoses would all route through a grommet on the front left upper firewall/cowl just below the patent plate--above where the wire loom and other items exit. My 47 has 3 short pipe sections molded in the grommet with hoses on either side. One goes to top, one to bottom of antenna and third to the carb area vacuum source. There should be some kind of port (maybe one capped off) near the base of carb or even intake manifold where the vacuum originates. If you do have the antenna and hook it up, the vacuum source goes to center port on valve, top of antenna to top port and then to lower the antenna, the bottom antenna hose to other one.

The metal tube in question is the heat tube which works the bimetal element in choke. Not really vacuum in true sense but rather a gentle vacuum pulls heated air from a stove in exhaust manifold into choke housing. You appear to have a different carb than I do but if it connects to a fitting on bottom of choke housing and to exhaust manifold where yours appears to, it looks to be OK. Mine comes from a hole on manifold in front of carb, a gentle bend parallels manifold a few inches and then 90's up to choke.

Posted on: 2010/6/18 11:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Any idea where a vacuum antenna is available? Someone put an after market antenna on my 47 Clipper.

thks

David

Posted on: 2010/6/18 13:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't really know where one might be or how common but since they were available for 3-4 years maybe ebay or a swap meet. Strangely, Tuscon Packards did have an equally scarce rotary roof antenna another poster was looking for a while back so even that might be a possibility.

Posted on: 2010/6/18 21:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day, vieillebouette,
See you've been a PackardInfo member for some time but first post so

And could you please include your Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/6/19 0:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved