Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
62 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 61

Joe Santana, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Timing chain and gear set
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bobs51
See User information
Have a new un-used timing chain and gear set that fits a 51-327 from Kanter. Probably will fit most all 288's and 327's. Make me an offer. Would probably take $75.00. Kanter's price is $135 if I remember correctly. If no one here wants the set I will stick them on ebay. Thanks

Posted on: 2011/10/5 16:49
 Top  Print   

Re: Timing chain and gear set
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bobs51
See User information
Guess I can't blame you guys for the lack of interest. I wouldn't buy it either even if I needed it. You live and learn. I was behind the curve.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 14:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Give it some time! Not everyone comes to the site every day. Soemetimes it takes a while for someone to come along that needs the part you have. The price certainly seems reasonable.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
We're not exactly rebuilding motors every day :)
There are some here though that stockpile parts and may be interested, or someone who is getting close to a new rebuild. I'm sure someone will stop in.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 14:44
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bobs51
See User information
I reconsidered my last post and was going to delete it. Guess I am too late. The timing set will remain for sale.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 20:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
Just for what it is worth, a good many of the folks just maybe at Hershey. Be patient my friend. I know when I bought some needed items from Max Merritt, I heard JD calling his travel agent, something about a trip to Tahiti. LOL just kidding their stuff is really nice. I did get some pictures of a 1940-120 engine compartment though. It was for sale but I really do not need another Packard all torn apart.

All in all this has been the best Hershey in years, I did also pick up my door sills from Door Sills. Beautiful. $ 12 to park $8.00 for a sandwich. The place sure looks good considering the flood they just had.

Another busy day tomorrow.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 21:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
qUOTE:
" I wouldn't buy it either even if I needed it. You live and learn. I was behind the curve."

We are ALL behind the curve. That's why we all participate in this forum just trying to keep up. It will sell on eBay.

However, your post begs the question:

If u needed one then what would do?????

Posted on: 2011/10/7 8:37
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bobs51
See User information
Quote:
However, your post begs the question:

Quote:
If u needed one then what would do?????

I probably shouldn't answer this at all but I'm not one to keep my mouth shut even when I should.

I do need the timing set. I just couldn't bring myself to use the Chinese set I bought. They are at best facsimiles of the real thing. The chain was the worst. It was like someone stuck a real chain in a xerox machine and sent the picture to China with a note that said "can you make this thing?" The gears were, maybe, ok. The crank gear may have even been NOS made by an american company but the chain and cam gear were crude Chinese junk.

I located an original Morse chain and a set of NOS gears. Was really glad to get them.

My motto has always been "If you don't have the time to do it right where are you going to find the time to do it over?"

Posted on: 2011/10/7 12:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Bob, against the backdrop of your last post I would love if you could spend some time with us.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 12:55
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bobs51
See User information
Quote:
Bob, against the backdrop of your last post I would love if you could spend some time with us.

Guscha, I'm not sure what your meaning is here. Can you explain?

Posted on: 2011/10/7 13:05
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved