Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
260 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 259

Diablo, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: 1951 Packard hearse on EBAY
Just popping in
Just popping in

Shadowlette
See User information
Hello you guys,
I'm the gal who won the auction for the 51 Packard. Won it for my husband. We are working on finding the right people to have it shipped. I think we found one so we hope to see this beauty very soon. My husband has named her Morticia.
She is going to be a daily driver here in Atalnta. We plan on giving her a lot of TLC and love.
Craig what kind of price would you take for the back glass? Dwayne said he had a back glass but wanted $350 for it. Can you beat that price?

Posted on: 2011/10/13 12:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
It would be amazing to find one replacement, but to have your choice of two possible replacements (considering their rarity) I suggest you not pit one seller against the other, rather, buy them both...... because.......you may need a replacement one day!! Just saying......Also, your buying such a rare Packard has put you in the realm of "even if you don't need it now, you might someday"...meaning you'll be searching high and low for replacement parts....just in case. Congrats on the acquisition of the Packard, you have started on a journey of work,joy, expense,joy, frustration,joy, learning all kinds of mechanicals,joy, and "see and be seen". Best of all, the admiration and unlimited resources of the Packard forum and the members therein. Welcome!

Posted on: 2011/10/13 12:09
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Shadowlette
See User information
I wasn't trying to pit sellers against each other. Just trying to get the best price for the budget I have currently. Either way, it's going to be replaced with some nice plexiglass to begin with. It will work as a temp. fix until we get the back glass.
Packard is a new road for me. I spent most of my late teens and early twenties working on MOPARs. Later in life I met my husband and he bought me my current car. A 1966 Ford Mustang. So now I have ventured down that road. I'm ready to see what Packard has in store. Lots of learning to do.
Sorry if I overstepped any boundaries. Please correct me or give me a heads up if I'm out of line. I like to learn from my mistakes. Thanks so much!

Posted on: 2011/10/13 12:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Sorry shadowlette,
I didn't mean for what I said to sound like it read. I went back and expanded my original post. You did nothing wrong. Again, welcome.
Regards, Steve Fisher

Posted on: 2011/10/13 12:26
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
$350 for a back window out of a rare model like that is not horrible outrageous especially if it will ship with the car.

If you found another one somewhere else, it would probably cost $100 to have another just crated and shipped in addition to the cost of the actual window. So buy it while you can, cause they are extremely rare indeed if you need one.

Also you may be able to bargain with the guy as when else is going to find another Hearse owner that needs one. As we have discussed recently on other "Rare" parts. Rare yes, highly in demand/sought after no. So both are required to demand a high price.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 12:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Shadowlette
See User information
It's all good. I'm really looking forward to getting under the hood. I'm finding there are a lot of useful sites for the Packards. More so than I thought there would be. And this site looks like it may be able to guide my husband and I in the direction we need to go.
I'm sure you will see my husband pop up in this forum by the weekend. He's on his way back from taking care of his dad's passing. Which is kind of ironic. His dad passed away and left him a Goldwing motorcycle. The motorcycle was sold and that's how we got the money for the hearse which is the car my husband has always wanted. The motorcycle sold a day before the eBay listing ended. Everything fell into place. So the license plate for Morticia is going to say THNXDAD! She really is a special car.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 12:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Shadowlette, you got a really interesting and rare Packard. If you cannot afford the glass replacement you could use plastic perhaps for less cost. I suggest you look into using Lexan rather than Plexiglass. Lexan shares many of the same properties but will not break. They use Lexan for visors on crash helmets and for shatter proof window glass replacements. Any plastic you use can be easily scratched, so take care when cleaning.
Keep us up to date on your project in the forum.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 14:55
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Shadowlette,
Congratulation on the purchase of the hearse and to PackardInfo where you'll find plenty of friendly and experienced Packard people. I also invite you, or your husband, to include the '51 Hearse in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/10/14 19:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Shadow
See User information
Hi I am Shadow, Shadowlett's husband and the happy new owner of the 51 Henney Packard Hearse.

A Hearse has been a dream car of mine since high school just because it is so unusual. I never expected to have things come together to be able to get one that has the style of this 51 Packard. I am grateful to my dad that I have been fortunate enough to be able to turn the bike that he had always wanted into the car that I always had. I find it amazing that this 60 year old car is still in running condition and am very much looking forward to having it as my daily driver.

My biggest challenge at this point is finding someone to trust with the task of moving her from Denver to Atlanta for a reasonable price. If anyone can provide some guidance I would love to hear it since I have never had a car shipped before.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 23:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Shadow,
to PackardInfo and for including your '51 Henney Hearse in the Packard Owner's Registry. Concerning your Registry entry, because the drop down lists do not include Hearses or Ambulances, I have changed the description from Patrician.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 0:41
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved